About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

Week One of American Idol Recap

Okay so this was the first week of perfromance shows for American Idol. So far I am kind of disappointed in this season's top 24. They seem to lack the star power and vocal range of previous seasosns. I am not at all very impressed with the vocal range of the men this season. The only male standouts in my book are Andrew Garcia, Casey James and Aaron Kelly other than them I am not really impressed with anyone. The girls definitley have more stand outs then the guys do. I am espescially impressed with Katie Stevens. While her song choice this week was not the best selection I think she will only continue to get better. She reminds me much of Allison Ireheta last season. The youngest but by far the most vocally talented of the girls. I predict she will definitley make it to the top 10 if she doesn't I will lose all the faith in the judging system of American Idol.

And if your opinions differ then they differ but Ellen Degeneres is not cut out to be an American Idol judge. I personally think she is on the panel of judges so she has stuff to talk about on her talk show. I love her talk show but that does not give her legitimate cause to be a judge on American Idol. She lacks any knowledge whatsoever of music and doesn't give the contestants the kind of feedback they deserve. I woud have chosen any of the guest judges from the audtion rounds to be a permeanant panel member over Ellen.

No comments:

Followers