About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Through Dolly's Eyes- An Exceprt

I actually came up with the idea for this particular fan fiction while I was in Annie Get Your Gun at the Barn Playhouse three summers ago. As I watched the rehearsals I threw around various ideas in my head about Dolly Tate's character who was portrayed by my friend Maggie Politi. From my basic anaylsis Dolly's character did obviously not like Annie Oakley nor like the idea very much of her being in the Wild West show. I used her jealousy of Annie and her admiration for Frank Butler as a base line. For fun I threw in some side comments from Frank Butler and the butler from the ballroom scene who were played by Paul Rawlings and Will Porter resepectivley in the show. I have written a seperate fan fiction from Frank Butler's perspective which I will post at a later time. Please note: Both of these fan fictions are in diary format.

4/19
Annie must be pretty upset about what happened with Frank leaving her because he hasn’t gotten one single letter from her since we left Cleveland. I’ve been convincing him to focus on his work and he does most of time but sometimes I catch him daydream. I shoot him a glance that says “You better not be thinking about Annie.” He instantly snaps out of it. I can tell he misses her and that makes me upset. She’s on that big international tour with Charlie and Bill and is due to come home in a few days. Despite the fact that I hate that he misses her so much I have to do something about or get someone else to do something about it but what?

(Frank picks up Dolly’s diary and rips a page out of it and writes his own thoughts down when Dolly is not looking)
Well, this tour is all well and good but I think the only reason why Dolly asked me to come was so that I wouldn’t be distracted by thinking about Annie. She guessed wrong. I was originally mad at her about what happened in St Paul but the anger didn’t last longer than a few days. I miss her so much and wish she wasn’t in Europe. I can’t wait to see her again. She’s been writing me letters from Europe. I’ve gotten all of them. I’ve done a really good job of hiding them from Dolly so she does not read them. She obviously dislikes Annie and the letters would only fuel the fiery rage of jealousy that she feels.



An excerpt from Through Dolly’s Eyes an Annie Get Your Gun Fan Fiction from the perspective of Frank Butler’s Assistant Dolly Tate

No comments:

Followers