About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, August 5, 2011

Buddy Holly sure to be a rockin' revival

Buddy Holly Story sure to be a rockin’ revival
By Janine Leffler



To round out the summer 2011 season Interlakes Summer Theatre will bring back popular audience favorite Buddy The Buddy Holly Story, a musical revue based around the songs of Buddy Holly. Nathan Riley will be reprising his role as Buddy Holly and Jason Burrow will be reprising his role as The Big Bopper.

Burrow appeared in Buddy Holly Story and Lend Me a Tenor in the 2008 season and also served as musical director for Buddy Holly, Anything Goes, Always Patsy Cline and Carousel and vocal coach for Lend Me a Tenor. He looks forward to returning to Meredith to reprise his role as The Big Bopper in Buddy Holly. “I was so pleased to come with her in 2008 for her first summer at the Summer Theatre and I'm even more excited about coming back to do this show again on her stage.” Burrow looks forward to working with director Brian Feehan and Nathan Riely again. “Brian is such a brilliant director and it's always a pleasure to build a show with him. Nathan is so talented and his Buddy is spot on.” He is excited about singing Chantilly Lane again because it is such an iconic tune.

Riley reflects on his first experience with doing Buddy Holly Story four years ago “The experience was heightened by the fact that Nancy was able to bring in so many talented and versatile actor/musicians to back me up and actually make me look better than I actually am. Brian Feehan's sharp fast pace direction of the piece was also an amazing addition to the whole experience.” He continued by saying “Coming back to reprise the production is going to be a joy ride. I already know the songs so I can leave that stress behind me and really dig in deep to the heart of the character and hopefully bring this musical legend back to life for a week in August.”



Buddy The Buddy Holly Story returns for one week only August 16-21st at Interlakes Summer Theatre located at 1 Laker Lane in Meredith. Show times are at 7:30pm Tuesday-Saturday, 2pm on Wednesdays and Thursdays and 7pm on Sundays. Popular hits such as Peggy Sue and Labamba will have audience members singing and dancing in the aisles. This show is not to be missed!

No comments:

Followers