About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, November 16, 2009

Theatre related new years resolutions

Okay so this year I am actually doing a lot better at keeping my new years resolutions. In the past I have not been very motivated to keep up with my resolutions. My non-theatre related resolutions include writing more poetry, working out more and find a good job that pays more than the two current jobs I have. They are very good jobs but I need to start paying back my loans from NEC soon. I feel a very big sense of accomplishment right now. 2009 has definitley been a year of improvement.
Updated on 11/16/09

Here are my theatre related resolutions for 2009. If bolded it means it has been accomplished.
1. See shows at theatres in New Hampshire I have never seen shows at before ( Andy's Summer Playhouse, Palace Theatre in Manchester) Save this for next year as I hope to go see shows at Andy's Summer Playhouse and Seacoast Repretory Theatre in Portsmouth
2. Get technical experience in areas other than just props. This is more of a long term goal. I am hoping to try to see if I can work at Summer Theatrei in Meredith Village this summer. I will have to where my currrent employment will lead me and if that will be able to fit comfortably into my situation.
3. Introduce myself to at least one new Broadway soundtrack. My itunes library needs some new blood in it.. i am getting kind of sick of listening to Annie Get Your Gun and Little Shop of Horrors all the time.
Soundtracks which I have purchased music from since June *Oaklahoma *South Pacific
Not much of huge dent but I don't have a huge amount of money in my itunes account right now.
4. See at least one show @ the Barn Playhouse and one show @ Interlakes Region Theatre this summer. Saw not one but two amazing shows @ Interlakes Theatre!! Grease and Oaklahoma both which were fabulous. and I got to see my loves Matt Densky Maggie and Marco again! YAY! Reviews of both these shows are furthur back in my entries. I also saw Anything Goes at the Barn Playhouse which was equally as amazing.
5. Go to see a broadway show in New York... perferably West Side Story or Billy Elliot but that will depend on what's still around due to all the recent closings. I saw HAIR on April 25th and it was phenominal. Next up I am hoping to see A Little Night Music in March!
6. Go see the Spring Awakening Tour in Boston in the spring. I really wanted to see this show for awhile but then I kind of lost interest in seeing it. In The Heights is coming to Boston in January so hopefully my budget will allow me to see that.

No comments:

Followers