About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance/Glee Weekly Summary

So You Think You Can Dance/ Glee Weekly Summary Wednesday Nov 18th


So You Think You Can Dance

No couples ranked lower than a 6 this week and no one was in my bottom 3. We'll have to see how America voted though I predict that Mollee and Nathan will go home

Top Couples

Channing and Victor

Jazz

Rating Out of 10 8

Comments : Tice Diorio is one of my favorite chreographers on SYTYCD. He has always has fresh and creative routines. Channing and Victor are definitley contenders for a spot in the top 10.

Karen and Kevin

Broadway Rating 8

I credit Evan Kraprzek of last season for introducing this lovely genre to SYTCD. They danced to If My Friends Could See Me Now from Sweet Charity. As with most Broadway perfromances I've seen on the show so far with the exception of Kathryn and Legacy's pefromance of I Wanna Be Like You from The Jungle Book last week this one was very energetinc and had its share of poweful emotions

Elinore and Ryan

Contemporary Rating 8.5

One of the 2 180% turn performance from last weeks bottom three couples. Very riveting and powerful. Like a mjority of this seasons couples they compliment eachother well.

Middle

Noelle and Russell

Foxtrot Rating 6

The first time they picked this genre Noelle was injured so the chreograpger Melanie had to replace her. The judges refer to this style as the second kiss of death genre the first one being the Quick Step. Three things strong about this performance Lines. Emotion . Chemistry.

Mollie and Nathan

Pop/Jazz Rating 7.5

The second of 2 180* turn bounce back couples from last week's bottom 2. Quite impressive. Very eneregetic and an enjoyable performance to watch

Kathryn and Legacy

Pase Doble Rating 9

Three words can sum up this performance easily. Sensual. Emotional. Powerful

Bottom

Ashleigh and Jason

Hip Hop Rating 6

Very emotional and well chreographed.


Results
Bottom 6 (those who went home will be in red.)
Channing
Karen
Kevin
Mollie
Nathan
Victor
I am clearly disappointed tonight with results show. Clearly America does not see true talent and what a breath of fresh air Channing is. Her and Victor were truly a dynamic couple and I am sad to see the two of them being broken up. I will have to regroup and find a new couple to vote for because Victor and Channing were my top... who to choose who to choose?
On to Glee...
Once again another intense episodes. In tonght's episode Mr. Scheuster broke up the Glee Club members up into pairs to work on ballads. Because of a person being absest Scheuster is paired with Rachel who develops a crush on him. There was a brief moment of tension between Scheuster and his wife as she got jealous because thought Will and Rachel were going to have an affair. A touching moment was when Finn sang his ballad to Quinn.. however he picks a very bad time to sing as singing the song drops the bombshell on Quinn's parents that she is pregnant leading to her getting thrown out of the house and her moving in with Finn.. who by the way isn't the father of the baby. Don't remember if I mentioned that in the last entry or not. A second touching moment was when all the Glee kids sang Lean on Me to Quinn and Finn at the very end. A song that to me is the true definition of what being a true friend means.
Upcoming Performances
  • Nov 20th SHS Fall Play 3 One Acts
  • Nov 21st NEC Main Stage The Importance of Being Earnest
  • Nov 22nd Riverbend Youth Company My Fair Lady
  • December 11th Merrimack High School Theatre Department Little Shop of Horrors

OH!! and my high school's musical this year is Bye Bye Birdie!! So excited as this is one of my favorite musicals of all time. I saw this play at Peacock Players 8 years ago. Jared Nathan was Conrad Birdie and he was amazing. He will always be rememberd for how talented he was and is sorely missed by the greater theatre community of NH.

No comments:

Followers