About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, November 16, 2009

A poetic interlude

So I have a bit of a break from writing Milford Cabinet Articles and show reviews ( i am seeing two shows this weekend On Friday the SHS Fall Play and Saturday The Imporatance of Being Earnest NEC's Fall Mainstage Production)
I wrote this poem a year ago. It actually still fits me now as I still my find my life in a quite transitionary process. The song Skid Row (Downtown) from Little Shop of Horrors inspired it and I tried to use the song as a metaphor but am not sure if I was successful at doing that or if I failed. You be the judge.

Escape from Skid Row (with skid row being a metaphor)
by Janine Leffler
Skid Row isn't glitz and glamour
but there's more to it than meets the eye
for there's a certain allure to it if you will
I'm from a common town
that there's not much to do
but it depends on your point of view
guys aren't drips here
it's scenic most of they year
I'm like Seymour in a lot of ways
with a dream that he's trying to achieve
all though I guess our dreams are different
though ultimatey both of our goals
are to get away from small town life
In our own ways we want
to break free from mediocrity for a change"
Show me how and I will I'll get out of here"I'm still in transiton
on my wayjust taking things day by day
(i wouldd make reference to Godspell here but let's just stick to one musical :) )
My destination goal is Portsmouth
the town by the ocean
I'll get there!

No comments:

Followers