About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Week 8 Summary

Week 3 So You Think You Can Dance Summary
style="font-weight:bold;">Top Couples
1.Channing and Victor
Their captivating contempoary dance got stole my heart and won my vote. They were both truly in their element tonight and have amazing chemistry. I easily see them making it into the top 10. Rating out of 10: 9
2. Kevin and Karen
Another couple with great chemistry. Their hustle was very energetic.. so energetic I was tempted to get up and dance along.
Rating out of 10:8
3. Noelle and Russell
A new style was introduced and they truly brought out the best of their talents. African Jazz has never been on the show before. This will definitely be a style I will grow to like.
Rating out of 10:9
Middle Couples
1. Katherine and Legacy
Broadway was definitely out of both of their comfort zones and they pushed it to the limit as much as they could. Katherine was not very good in this style at all and I think that is going to hurt her this week.
Rating out of 10: 6
2. Mollie and Nathan
A very sassy Salsa! They stumbled in certain parts. The lifts were pretty good
Rating out of 10:6
Bottom Couples
1. Ashley and Jakob
This jazz routine would have been so much better without the use of the cane. Other than that the dance was really fierce.
Rating out of 10:4.5
2. Ellenore and Ryan
Hip Hop is by far not one of my favorite genres and this was probably one of the worst hip hop performances I have seen on the show. Ryan was way too stiff with his arm movements and the choreography seemed off for most of the dance. They didn't have very good chemistry. I think they are going to go home this week.
Rating out of 10: 3
3, Pauline and Peter
The quick step can be a blessing or a curse on this show but most of the time it is referred to as the KISS OF DEATH. I guess we will have to see what the results show will hold for them and how the votes will pan out. The dance itself was very energetic. Lots of good lifts.
Rating out of 10: 4


Looking forward to tomorrow's results show and getting my Glee fix after it not being on for two weeks because of the World Series.
Results:
Bottom 3 Couples Couple who went home is bolded
1. Kevin and Karen
2 Pauline and Peter
3. Elenore and Ryan

I would have chosen either Mollie or Nathan or Elenior and Ryan to go home. While Pauline and Peter may have not danced their best they should gone on one more week, Mollie and Nathan were by far the weakest and I think Nathan got the votes because all the teenage girls think he is cute.

Now to talk about Glee... I thought for some reason that tonight's episode was the season finale and I don't know why. Clearly it wasn't but it was the best and most intense episode of the season. Tension really heated up between Finn and Puck as they vy to be the best father for Quinn's baby. This was a very heartwarming episode as the members of Glee raised money by having a bake sale so Artie the character who is in a wheelchair can go to nationals with them by a bus purchased by the club. Artie ended up deciding to have his dad drive him but the moeny ended up going toward getting a wheelchair ramp for the theatre. The sex of Quinn's baby was also found out.. It's a girl!! The other tense moment in this episode was between Rachel and Kurt as they had to compete against each other in a DIVA off for the solo in Defying Gravity from Wicked. Rachel ended up getting the solo but Kurt came out on top proving to his dad that he doesn't let being gay stand his way way of doing what he loves despite how much disprect he gets from outer people at school because of his sexuality. Can't wait for next week's episode!


I have actually kind of lost track of what week of So You Think You Can Dance we are in. The last entry I did was Week one but I actually think it was technically week 5 or week 6 since I didn't watch during the weeks of auditions.


Upcoming Performances
Nov 21st- NEC Mainstage Show The Importance of Being Earnest




Upcoming Milford Cabinet Articles
December
  1. Riverbend School of Theatre
  2. A Christmas Story
January
Annie Jr

No comments:

Followers