About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, November 9, 2009

New York is beckoning again

So I live in a very unexciting town in Southern NH. Sometimes I wish I lived in a bigger city where there was more to do. This is why I really want to move to Portsmouth in the next couple years. I love the area and there is so much to do there in terms of the arts and other things. I really do miss working in a theatr.e Right now I am doing backstage work for Annie Jr in Milford.. props! So excited. I have created a seperate blog to document my work on the show.

NYC always seems to beckon to me. I really wanted to go down over Christmas to see all the decorations in Lincoln Center and see the Radio City Rockettes but that will have to wait til next year. Matt and I are hoping to go to New York in March to visit my friend Rae in NJ. She lives an hour from the city and we plan on making a day trip into the city to see a show as part of her 21st birthday present. There are so many good shows to see on Broadway.. way too many options to choose from. Since it is her birthday we are letting her pick the show. Her three choices are Billy Elliot,Jersey Boys and A Little Night Music. I have heard good things about Billy Elliot (umm hello, it practically swept the Tony's in June) and my parents saw Jersey Boys when they went to Chicago in July but I know very little about A Little Night Music as far as plot and music is concerned. If we end up going to see that show it will excite me greatly because my friend Ramona Mallory from the Barn Playhouse is in it and it will be so awesome to see her in a show again..or just to see her again in general since I haven't seen her since I left New London.

I find it to be an awesome perk that I know people in Broadway shows! HORRAY!! Wish I sort of knew more about what my other friends from the Barn Playhouse have been up other then the ones I already know. I know my friend Louie is part of the national touring cast of Cabaret... that's exciting and such a fun show. We worked on that togethter at NLBP. :) Other than that I have no idea what my other friends have been doing. I hope life beyond the Barn has shown them marvelous paths. I wouldn't expect anything less from such a talented group of people such as them. <3 NLBP 2007 4eva!

time for bed.
Love Janine


Recent movies I have seen and how they rate
*- theatre **-rental
*A Christmas Carol C
Disney's spin on a timeless holiday classic was interesting.. especcially in 3D. Jim Carrey never ceasess to amaze me.
*Couples Retreat B
The funniest movie I have seen in awhile. Haven't laughed so hard in such a long time.
**Ghost of Girlfriends Past C-
I refer to this as a modern day version of A Christmas Carol. Another movie that I feel the previews hyped up and didn't end up being as good when I saw it.
My friend Lytle from the Barn Playhouse was in this movie but I did not know what scene she was in. :(
** The Soloist A-
This movie has got to be one of the most heartwrenching and powerful movies I have seen to date. It's right up there with My Sister's Keeper on the tearjerker factor. A must see.

Movies I want to see
New Moon
Harry Potter
Fame (anxiously awaiting for this to come out on DVD since I missed it in theatres)
Amelia
New York I Love You

No comments:

Followers