About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

General Thoughts-

So if followers of this blog haven't been noticing I have been doing freelance work for Summer Theatre in Meredith Village (Interlakes Summer Theatre) this summer. Things have been going extremely well and it's a bonus that I got passes for the summer season. The first two shows of this season have been absolutely amazing. Like in past seasons the acting company this year are incredibly talented. :) The fact that Nancy has hired people from my Barn Playhouse intern company for various shows in the past couple years has been awesome because it has really helped me to keep my connections with them strong while making new connections with the other actors who are working at STMV. I have also been able to reconnect with two people I did theatre with in high school Brady Lynch and Macaela Sears. Brady and Macaela were three years younger than me and recently graduated from Plymouth State and Pace. When I came back from college to see the SHS shows I watched them grow and they have become such talented actresses since they've been in college. I'm interested to see where their post college careers take them.


It's real hard to imagine that at this point last year I was going to counseling for my Barn Playhouse depression. What took me so long to move on from the Barn I haven't the slightest idea. All I can say is that I am wicked happy to be over that bump in the road and working for Nancy again at Interlakes Summer Theatre. Sunday at Man of La Mancha I was talking to Danny Chavez one of the kids that I directed in Bravery Soup four years ago. It's hard to believe all the kids I directed are either in college or going off to college soon.. time flies by so fast honestly. We talked about how much the Barn has changed since we left there. We came to a general consensus that it's not same place it was when our intern company worked there. At one point I thought I could stop those changes from happening but looking back on it I realize there was no way I could have. Sometimes you just need to let time take its course. I am so grateful that the Barn Playhouse gave me the baseline for both acting and PR work and will cherish all the memories from that summer. Truth is the Barn has changed and so have I.

SO yes VIVA STMV! :)

No comments:

Followers