About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, July 29, 2011

1960s Baltimore comes to Life in Meredith

I should note that Hairspray is in my top list of favorite musicals so when I found out that Summer Theatre in Meredith Village was doing it this summer I was thrilled. I saw the national tour of Hairspray in Boston my senior year in high school and fell in love with the music. Hairspray runs through July 31st and was directed and chreographed by Brian Feehan.









Hairspray is set in 1960s Balitmore during the times when segregation was a hot issue The lead character Tracy Turnblad *Catherine Gallagher has dreams of being a star. Her dream comes true when she gets on the popular tv show The Corny Collins Show. Once on the show her main goal is to intergrate it so she can dance alongside Seawead (Koashine Dupont) Tracy falls in love with Link Larkin ( Corey Campercholi) who in the beginning has eye set on Amber Von Tussle (Macaela Sears) but then falls in love with Tracy. Seawead falls for Tracy's best friend Penny (Caitlin Thurnaeiur). I honestly had to resist the temptaton do get up and danc during such infectious numbers as You Can't Stop The Beat and Nicest Kids In Town. Other notable musical numbers included It Takes Two, You're Timeless To Me, Run and Tell That and Welcome To The 60s. I Know Where I've Been truly brought down the house.

Congrats to the cast and crew on an amazing performance. It was the highlight of the week for my realitives who were visiting from Italy.


Don't miss out on Cabaret (August 2nd-14th) and Buddy The Buddy Holly Story (August 16-21st) Another event not to be missed is the performance of Gypsy to benefit the non-profit entitly of Interlakes Summer Theatre on Monday August 8th!

No comments:

Followers