About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Oscar Picks 2011

The Oscars are on Sunday. I am really excited about them because I have seen quite a few of the movies that are nominated and am interested to see how they do.
For full list of nominees go to the Oscars websiter I am only listing a partial list of nominees here
* Who should win !Who will win
Best Lead Actor
*!Colin Firth The King's Speech
James Franco 127 Hours
Javier Bardem Biutiful
*Jeff Bridges True Grit
Jesse Eisenberg The Social Network
With this category it's hard to pick between Jeff Bridges and Colin Firth. I think they both gave amazing performance but when it comes down to thr truth Colin First deserves the win because he gave one of the most powerful onscreen performances I have seen.
Best Supporting Actor
Christian Bale The Figther
Jeremy Renner The Town
Mark Ruffalo The Kids Are Alright
John Hawkes Winter's Bone
*!Geofrey Rush The King's Speech
There are a couple categories I exercise some bias in because I haven't seen all the movies in the category...this being one. I've been meaning to see The Town and The Fighter but haven't gptten around to it yet Like Firth Rush was amazing in his role.
Best Lead Actress
Annette Benning The Kids Are Alright
Nicole Kidman Rabbit Hole
*!Natalie Portman Black Swan
Jennifer Laweremce Winter's Bone
Michelle Williams Blue Valentine
Once again I excercise some bias because Black Swan was the only movie in this category that I saw. Natalie Portman was amazing in this role and if she doesn't win I will be as equally upsest as I will be if Colin Firth does not win Best Actor. I have seen Nicole Kidman in other movies and she is one of my favorite actress but I can't make a fair judgement of Rabbit Holr ss I have not yet seen it.
Best Supporting Actress
Amy Adams The Fighter
Melissa Leo The Fighter
Jacki Weaver Animal Kingdom
*Helena Bohem Carter The King's Speech
*! Hailee Steinfeld True Grit
It's a toss up between Bohem Carter and Steinfeld but Ithink Steinfeld will win. She is an up and comimg actress and amazingly talented for 14 years old.
Best Original Screen Play
^ I haven't seen this yet but heard it was amazing and think it should have gotten best picture.
The Fighter ( Scott Silver,Paul Tamsey,Keith Dorrington, Evan Johnson)
Insception (Christopher Nolan)^
*!David Siedler The King's Speech
The Kids Are Alright (Lisa Cholodenko and Stuart Stuart Blumberg)
Best Adapted ScreenPlay
*!Aaron Sorkin The Social Network
Danny Boyle and Simon Bufoy 127 Hours
*Michael Arndt, John Lasseter, Andrew Lasseter and Lee Unkrich Toy Story 3
*!Joel and Ethan Coen True Grit
Debra Granik and Anne Rosselini Winter's Bone
This one is really hard category for my to pick a winner. While Social Network may not have been that great of an overall film I thought the story was good and very in tune with today's society since there are so many people today who use Facebook. I have a soft spot for the Toy Story series because I practially grew up with it and have seen all three movies and loved the chracter growth throughout all three films and thought the film was very emotional. True Grit was amazing. I have never seen the original so I have nothing to really compare it to but I thought it was an overall good film. Well acted and well directed.
Best Director
Tom Hopper The King's Speech
David Fincher The Social Network
David O Russell The Fighter
Joel and Ethan Coen True Grit
Darren Oronofsky Black Swan
Saw most of these movies and they were all very well directed so it's hard for me to choose.
Best Song
Coming Home Country Strong
If I Rise 127 Hours
*I See The Light Tangled
*We Belong Together Toy Story 3
Both of these songs were good so it's hard to pick a winner. If I had choose one I'd probably choose I See The Light. Im a huge Mandy Moore fan .. and no I am not just biased to her because she is from Nashua. There were two songs from Burlusque which I feel the committee totally overlooked.
Best Animated Feature
*!Toy Story 3
The Illuionist
How To Train Your Dragon

Dispicable Me was totally robbed of a nomination for this catergory ss was Tangled.
Best Score
How To Train Your Dragon John Powell
Inception Hans Zimmer
*Alexandre Desplat The King's Speech
*!Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross The Social Network
A.R Rahman 127 Hours


Weigh in with your thoughts

No comments:

Followers