About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Theatre Related Resolutions

These were my theatre related New Years Resolutions from last year.. most of them have carried over from last year so I am reposting the list.
Theatre Realated Resolutions
See shows at theatres in New Hampshire I have never seen shows at before ( Andy's Summer Playhouse, Palace Theatre in Manchester)Still a work in progress.. hopefully going to see The Nutcracker at the Palace Theatre @ the end of this month by far my favorite holiday show of all time!
2010 Outcome: Majestic Theatre- Jan Stockbridge Theatre at Pinkerton Academy and Derry March Wellssely College Summer Theatre June Andy's Summer Playhouse July Arundel Barn Playhouse August
2. Get technical experience in areas other than just props. I am hoping to help out with lighting or sound design for one of the Peacock Players shows. EVEN better! I am on the production staff of a youth production of Annie Junior at the Boys And Girls Club in Milford. Once the audtions and casting process is complete I hope to find out what exactly my tasks will be. I hope to do something with either props or publicity but perhaps I can try to see if I can get soe experienece with sound design too.
2010 Outcome: Aside from Annie Jr I also did props for Wizard of Oz in May. I did sound design for the Man Who Came To Dinner in November with Riverbend School of Theatre Arts last month and think I've found my tech theatre niche. I also recently got done with running the spot light for Guys and Dolls Jr for Riverbend Youth Company. I actually liked this a lot better than sound because I got a much better view of stage then I did from the sound booth.
3. Introduce myself to at least one new Broadway soundtrack. My itunes library needs some new blood in it.. i am getting kind of sick of listening to Annie Get Your Gun and Little Shop of Horrors all the time.This is an ongoing process
Soundtracks that were added to my itunes Library in 2010: A Little Night Music and Jersey Boys Recently added soundtracks: Dreamgirls, Legally Blonde The Musical Gay Bride of Frankenstien, Music Man (mainly for rehearsal puproses)
4. See at least one show @ the Barn Playhouse and one show @ Interlakes Region Theatre this summer. Best of both worlds 2 shows at Interlakes and one at NLBP. All in which were fabulous. I feel going back to the Barn this summer really helped me to gain closure to all the issues I had with moving on from stuff that has gone on there since I left.
2010 Outcome: While I was getting over my depression related to the Barn I felt it was best not go back there to see any shows. I needed to give myself time away from the anxiety I was having related to moving on from stuff that happened there since I ended my internship there in 2007. In the interim I have seen shows at Summer Theatre In Meredith Village and have also expanded my horizions to seeing shows at Andy's Summer Playhouse in Wilton and reintrouced myself to the Arundel Barn Playhouse in Arundel Maine a theatre at which I had seen a show at in six years. This summer in addition to my season passes at STMV I plan on expanding my horizions to Winnipasaukee Playhouse in Laconia, Papermill Playhouse in Lincoln,Ghostlight Theatre in Salem, Peterborough Players in Peterborough and Seacost Rep and Prescott Park Arts Festival in Portsmouth. I also hope to see a show at Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit Maine. I may go back to the Barn Playhouse but that largely depends on my budget and my schedule.


5. Go to see a broadway show in New York... perferably West Side Story or Billy Elliot but that will depend on what's still around due to all the recent closings. Last April I saw HAIR with Matt as part as part of celebrating our one year anniversary (which was in June) In March we are planning to go visit Rae and celebrate her 21st biirthday. We are lettiing her pick the show and she is choosing between Jersey Boys, Billy Elliot and A Little Night Music. I have never heard of A Little Night Music but my friend Ramona from the Barn Playhouse is in it so if we go to see that show I will get to see her again.. and potienitally get another backstage tour. I love having friends in Broadway plays. Hopwfully we end picking A Little Night Music because it has been getting awesome reviews!
2010 Outcome: Aug 21 Went to see Jersey Boys for my birthday. Phenominal show! Highly reccommended.
6. Go see the Spring Awakening Tour in Boston in the spring. Due to budget issues I missed this opportunity which was somewhat disappointing BUT August Osage County is coming to Boston in April so I am hoping to go see that.
2010 Outcome: Budget issues have kind left me hanging with going to see National touring shows. I am hoping to go see the National tour of West Side Story in June OR the New Kids on The Block/ Backstreet Boys Concert at Fenway Park on June 11th :)
Shows I saw this year listed by Venue
Andy's Summer Playhouse: Dick Tracy
Arundel Barn Playhouse: Shout! The Mod Musical
Majestic Theatre: Emperor's New Clothes
Milford Area Players: Pursuit Of Happiness
Peacock Players: Forbidden Broadway, Wedding Singer, Almost Maine
Summer Theatre In Meredith Village: Chicago
Riverbend Youth Company: Wizard of Oz
Milford Area Players/Riverbend Youth Company: Miracle On 34th Street


College Productions: Trip To Bountiful ( Wellsely College Summer Theatre),As You Like It ( NEC Open Door) Chicago (Ithaca College Theatre Department)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

three months ago i ran into a problem which is popular of all of us ! what shall do and how to go on living, I cant understood ((I stopped smiling at ALL!!!! :( yes!!,i have bad looking teeth because of heredity ... why I? Teeth is the first thing you see when talk somebody,or doing something like this, I found a solution in putting lumineers ! and i need to say it has guaranteed 100% result,also i think i promise you!

Followers