About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, February 14, 2011

My recent chapter in Standing Up Again


Ending It
Standing Up Again Chapter 7

A/N: HermoineLennon was unable to collaborate with me anymore so I'm tying up the loose ends to this fic myself. This will be my final Little Shop fan fic. It is high time I move on to other fandoms. Thanks to all have commented on my Little Shop fics. I am hope you still continue to read my other stuff. Please remember I do not own rights t o the characters from Little Shop. The only ones I own rights to are the ones I created myself, Audrey's father and sisters who are explored in more depth In my 2nd full length LSOH fic Epilogue To The Three Matchmakers.
The next morning Audrey woke up… briefly forgetting where she was. She then looked around and realized she was in a futon bed in Chiffon's bedroom. She was felt liberated about having the courage to stand up to Orin the previous night but was slightly scared about what would happen next.
Chiffon's alarm clock glared in her face. It read 7:45. If she did not hurry she would be late for work. She had completely forgotten that she had promised Mr. Mushnik she would be in by 8:30 to get a new flower arrangement ready for a first communion that was that afternoon.
She knocked on the bathroom door and was grateful no one else was in the shower. She showered and put some make up on..to cover up what she hoped would be the last bruises she would ever get from Orin.
When she got to the kitchen Crystal, Chiffon and Ronette were all waiting for her at the table
Ronette got up to embrace her. "Chiffon was just telling us about last night." She said with a smile.
"Yeah, girl we're happy for you that you finally stood up to Orin." Crystal said
Audrey broke free from her embrace. "I can't stay and reminisce for long. I totally forgot I had to be in work early today so I have to kind of eat on the run."
"What time do you have to be there?" Crystal asked
"8:30."
"Well It's only 5 of 8 you'll have plenty of time to get over there." Chiffon said putting a steaming plate of eggs and bacon in front of her friend.
Audrey agreed.
"So what's your next step?" Crystal asked.
Audrey swallowed a mouthful of bacon and eggs.
"No question about it, I'm definitely dumping him. I don't know why I've waited this long." Audrey said with a smile.
Her friends grinned at her.
"Excellent!" Ronette said
"I'm just kind of afraid of the aftermath."
Chiffon looked confused. "What aftermath?"
"Well, the first thing I'm worried about is the fact that abuse could easily get wose."
"It won't." Ronette assured her.
"I wouldn't be so quick to judge, that guy is a physcopath." Chiffon said.
"What's the second thing you're worried about?"
Audrey got dreamy eyed for a moment but then her demeanor changed and she let out an exasperated sigh,
"Orin constantly accuses me of cheating on him with Seymour." She said
"You wouldn't do that, not in a million years!" Ronette said instantly angry that Orin would dream of making that accusation.
"Of course not. He doesn't know that I have feelings for Seymour, but soon enough weather or not he knows or cares about that won't make a difference…at least not to me."
"Are you worried Seymour might be put in danger?" Crystal asked.
"Yes. I think Orin knows I have feelings for Seymour.. I don't know he'd be able to figure that out but he's definitely on to something if he keeps accusing me of cheating."
"But you're not cheating. You and Seymour aren't even dating." Crystal said
"Yet, we're not dating yet." Audrey countered.
"Are you asking him out?" Crystal asked after three minutes of awestruck silence.
"Yes, soon after I break up with Orin I plan on asking Seymour out."
"Good for you!" Ronette was smiling from ear to ear
"Yeah, Audrey. You and Seymour would make a great couple." Crystal said squeezing her friend's hand approvingly.
"Thanks. I think it will be a lot easier to move my relationship with Seymour to the next level once Orin is out of the picture."
Audrey looked at the clock and noticed it was 8:15. "Gotta go,guys. See you later."
Audrey walked in the to the flower shop all smiles
"Good Morning Audrey. You're looking chipper today." Mr. Mushnik greeted his employee.
"Mornin' Mr. Mushnik."
"Did you talk to Orin last night?"
"Yes I did. He wasn't too happy… as you can probably tell from my latest bruise but I stood my ground."
"Good for you my child. I am proud of you. Now get to work on those bouquets for the first communion they need to be at the church by 11:15."
"Yes sir, right away. Is Seymour here yet? I want to tell him the great news."
"Yes, right now he's watering the Audrey II. He'll be back to help you with bouquets in a second."
Audrey smiled and walked to the back room.. getting to work immediately. Seymour joined her a few minutes later.
"So Mr. Mushnik said you finally stood up to Orin." Seymour said
"Sure did."
"Do you feel better now?"
"Slightly vindicated… yet slightly scared."
"Have you decided to dump him?"
"Yes but I am worried about the after effects?"
"Like what?"
"Well he has accused me of cheating on him with you several times ."
Seymour was floored.
"You know, I'd never ever cheat."
Audrey grinned at her co-worker "Of course I do, but he doesn't know you as well as I do so that's why he's so accusatory."
"Are you worried he's gonna hurt me or something?"
"Sort of."
"Well, I won't let that loser beat me up Audrey. I've got twice as much backbone as him."
'Yeah, but I wouldn't want you to get pulverized." Audrey thought to herself.
"So do you think we could start dating?" Seymour asked timidly not wanting to tread uneven waters.
"Yes, Seymour… I'd like that a lot. I have to end things with Orin first though."
"When do you plan on doing that?"
"We're giving each other space for awhile… I'm sure he won't stay away for long though."
"After you dump him I hope he stays away forever." Seymour said.
Audrey reached across the table, grabbed his hand and whispered "Me too."
"I love you Audrey."
"I love you too."
Before they could even think of kissing when Mr. Mushnik could easily catch them they immediately returned back to their work.
The week flew by… on Friday at the end of her shift Audrey was surprised to see Orin waiting for her outside the store.
There was awkward silence for a long time.
"Hi Audrey."
"Hello Orin."
"So you stickin with me or what?" Orin asked getting straight to the point.
Audrey led out a long sigh.
"No Orin. This is the end"
Orin raised a fist prepared to slap her. He was happy no one was around to back her up this time.
"You dirty slut."
"Sorry Orin, I'm not going to take your belittling comments anymore. WE ARE THROUGH!"
His fist connected with her face.
"I'll pummel that twerp Seymour if he had anything to do with this." Orin fumed
Audrey let out another long sigh.
"I'll admit Orin, I do have feelings for Seymour but they only started recently. I would never cheat on you with him but I figured it was only fair to tell you I have feelings for him."
"He had nothing to do with your choice to break up with me?"
"No, none at all. SO LEAVE HIM THE FUCK OUT OF THIS!"
"Hell, I will."
Another fist to face connection.
"I'll punch his face in next!" Orin threatened
"NO YOU WON"T!
The booming voice of Mr. Mushnik made both Orin and Audrey jump.
"Mr. Mushnik, I had no idea you were watching us." Audrey said.
Mr. Mushnik was red in the face. He felt had been silent long enough and turned to face Orin.
"I never liked you from the start and I like you even less with the way I've just seen you treat Audrey. Leave her alone. I will not have you threatening my employees. If I see around here again you will be banned from the premises."
Orin was enraged. He turned his advances to Mr. Mushnik
"Raise that fist to me and I'll call the cops." It was now Mr. Mushnik's turn to threaten.
Instead of punching Mr. Mushnik Orin looked at Audrey furiously.
"You'll pay for this. I'll find a way to make you pay." Orin said.
"Leave me alone Orin, I never want to see you again…ever!" Audrey said
Orin walked away in a fit of rage
Mr. Mushnik put his arm around Audrey.
"You did amazing Audrey… I'm just as proud of you as I was this morning."
Audrey suddenly realized she was proud of herself too. She could finally be happy… and start a relationship with Seymour she knew she deserved. She smiled and simply said "Thanks Mr. Mushnik."

To read the complete version of this fan fiction go to http://fanfiction.net/showtunediva
This fan fiction has been rated T for Violence and Language.

No comments:

Followers