About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

80s Juke Box

I was born in the late 80s so 80s music is not really my era but to keep things interesting this year I want to have a theme party for my birthday. My birthday is 6 months and 3 days away so I still awhile to plan it. When I worked at the Barn Playhouse one of the cast parties that we had was as 80s costume party. Of course I was largely unprepared for that party costumewise but other people had some pretty cool costumes. I can't exactly remember what people dressed up as though. I would have to go back and look at my facebook photos from the cast party for furthur reference. I was thinking of doing a similar thing for my birthday party this year only stepping things up and giving people the option to not only dress up as music icons from the 80s (Michael Jackson, Madonna etc) I was also considering suggesting that people dress up as characters from muiscals from the 80s. I already have an idea for what I want to dress up as and my choice was not that hard to make. :)

Some ideas for possible musicals people could dress up for my party suggeted by people on Broadwayspace include
CATS
Little Shop of Horrors
La Cage Aux Folles
Into The Woods



The inivitation of course will not be sent out til the end of July or middle of August. By then I will have a full list finalizrd of suggestions for what people can dress up as. People are also welcome to select thoor own costumes too.. or even make them if they feel so incliined:)
This party willl be the best and most epic and fun party to date..... let's hope!

No comments:

Followers