About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Here's to 5 Years and many more great times ahead

As a bit of background every senior at Souhegan High School has to do a senior project about something they are passionate about. My senior project was about how people with disabilities use poetry to express themselves and I taught a poetry class to a group of students of from Crotched Mountain School in Greenfield. For those who remember my presentation it was pretty epic. What I am about to tell you about is pretty epic in itself.. or perhaps just epically amazing.


Last night was the 5 Year Anniversary Celebration for the Riverbend Youth Company. Aly McKnight organized the event for her senir project and she did an amazing job with putting it together.. major kudos to her (and also who ever made th mac and cheese for the pot luck because that was delcious. I have only been involved with Riverbend since last year teching four shows Annie Jr, Wizard of Oz (which won an award for coolest tech effect for the flying monkeys) ,The Man Who Came To Dinner and Guys and Dolls Jr. All shows have been amazing and I have enjoyed working on all of them.

The night started with a wonderful potluck supper in the Miltipurpose Room. Lots of delcious food including the aforementioned macarono and cheese. We then went into the theatre for the award portion of the show which also included slide shows and musical performances from past Riverbend Shows. It loved seeing all the pictures from the shows I've seen and worked on in the past two years as well of shows from Riverbend's 5 year history that I may not have gotten the chance to see. There were awards presented for Best Brush Up Rehearsal Moment (Thriller) Raise The Roof Award (Sit Down You're Walking The Boat Guys and Dolls) The Awww Award to name a few. Parent Volunteers. tecnicians, directors, music directors and chreographers were reconized for their dedication to the programs that the Riverbend School of Theatre Arts and Riverbend Youth Company have to offer. Congrats to all awards recipients! Performances included Get Me To The Church on Time from My Fair Lady,An Annie Medley of You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile and Hardknock Life) and Footloose from Back To 80s.

It was a very fun night. Once again I give huge kudos to Aly for organizing it. :)

Here's to 5 years of fun for Riverbend Youth Company and many more good memories to come!

No comments:

Followers