About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, February 21, 2011

Broadwaysecret of The Week

This week's broadway secret is about the new musical Catch Me If You Can which is opening on Broadway in a few weeks. I have been experiencing technical difficultines with my computer so I am temporarily om my mom's computer until I can get the issues fixed..I can't get the picture of the bway secret to upload.

Anyway the poster of the secret said she is excited to see my friend Jay perform as the understudy for Aaron Teveit. I share her excitement ( assuming the poster is a girl.. i don't know the gender of the poster since post remains anonymous.)

I was not a huge fan of the movie version of this musical and hope it translates welll to the stage. When movies are made into musicals it can either be a hit or miss. Examples would be the Disney movies some musical versions of Disney movies have been hits (Beauty and The Beast and Lion King) others have been misses ( I didn't hear usch good things about Little Mermaid though I never got the chance to go see it) and others I haven't heaed many reviews about so I can't make a judgement (Mary Poppins) OTher non- disney movies have also recently been madde into musicals and I'm not sure how well they have done. Spiderman is still in previews but has been plagued by injuries so I am not sure when that is even supposed to be opening. The holiday classic Elf closed on January 2nd and I'm not sure how well that play translated to the Braodway stage. Interested to see what people thought of Elf and what people will think of Catch Me If You Can.


Good luck to Jay and the cast of Catch Me If You Can with opening night :)

No comments:

Followers