About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, February 6, 2011

NH Theatre Awards Winners

Tried to do a video blog to recap the NHTA's but it would not upload to youtube properly. :(

Congrats to all who won awards! There are particular people I wish to highlight in this entry.


This year I mostly went to the theatre awards for the fun of it and to support the people I knew who were nominated. There were two things I felt made the ceremony drag on forever that I think should be eliminated next year. Those two things are the banter in between presentations and they should do something with letting people know beforehand that certain recipents aren't going to be there to cut back on so much time the people giving the trophies out walking back and forth. My top three favorite performances were Children of Eden (Amherst PTA), Wedding Singer (Peacock Players) and Christmas Carol A Musical Ghost Story (Community Players of Concord).



I was very happy that The Wedding Singer made out so well at the awards. It was one of my favorite shows that I saw last year and I think it was very well deserving of best Youth Performance. Other awards the show won were Best Supporting Actress (Alyssa Dumas) Best Supporting Actor (Andrew Barret Cox) and best Cheoreographer (Valerie Posinos)



Another show that made out very well that I WISH I had seen was Pirates of Penzance put on by my summer stock Alma mata New London Barn Playhouse. They won a slew of awards including best Director ( Carol Dunne) Best Musical Director (Joel Mercier who also won best Origianl Playwright for his play A Christmas Carol A Musical Ghost Story with Community Players of Concord) and Best Leading Actress in a A Musical (Serena Brook).



Congrats to the above listed people as well as Jennie Leonard (Best Supporting Actresss in a Drama Comedy Laramie Project Winni Players) and Ashley Hughes (Best Actress Musical Little Women Stagecoach Productions) on your awards!



I am crossing my fingers that The Music Man will get nominated for a few things for next year's NHTAs. It would be amazing to perform at the Palace! :)

No comments:

Followers