About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thought for the Day- The Voice

Move over American Idol there's a new talent contest in town. For the past hour I have been watching The Voice on NBC and I like what I see. What makes this show stand out from American Idol is that at first the judges don't see the performer only hear them and then put them on teams and then work with them to better develop their voices. I first got wind of it through an email I recieved this morning from Rebecca Loebe a singer who performed at NEC throughout my time there. I was not familar with the song she sang but she did an amazing job with her interepertation of it.

As much as American Idol is improving this year I feel it has seen its day. Shows like The Voice and The Sing Off need to have a bigger following. I discovered The Sing Off a year and a half ago and fell in love with it. The Voice will have that same effect on me i do believe.

No comments:

Followers