About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My latest fan fiction

Throughout Music Man I threw around various ideas in my head for fan fictions througout the various scenes in the play. To add some humor into the fan fiction I added a small part into the story about the fire drill that happened during one of our performances though I know fire drills are not particularly meant to be funny. :) This is the general view of my character (a townsperson) throughout the play. I'm sure more fan fictions are to come. I have off for vacation this week so I will have more time to actually sit down and write something


A Town’s Person’s Views
A Music Man Fan fiction in the view of a townsperson




Author’s Note: I was recently in a community production of the Music Man as a townsperson. The following fanfiction is subsequent thoughts on things that happen throughout the play from my character’s point of view. These are mostly short vignettes that may be expanded upon at a later time.



With A Capital T and that rhymes for P
(takes place while Ya Got Trouble is sung)


It is July 4th today. A new stranger has arrived in town. He claims to me a music professor and that he wants to start a boys band. He claims that this will get the River City youth out of the trouble they seem to be in. Maybe I just haven’t been paying attention but all the young boys I babysit for don’t seem to get into any kind of trouble.



Leading the big parade
(Thoughts following 76 Trombones)



At the town gathering at the high school tonight Harold Hill showed up again. He seems to be really presistant about starting up this boys band. The kids seemed relatively excited about it. Everyone was dancing around and having a good time. Mayor Shinn did not seem to pleased about it thought. He takes these Fourth Of July celebrations too seriously I think. He needs to lighten up. Marian Paroo also left the gym in kind of a huff too. I wonder what got her so upset. Winthrop seemed to be getting really into the dancing so I can’t grasp why that would make her so upset.



Distraction
(Library scene)


On the way to the library I ran into Tommy and Zaneeta at the Candy Kitchen. They were in a heated conversation so I didn’t want to intrude. They seem to make a cute couple. After the incident with the firecracker at the 4th of July celebration I can tell that Mayor Shinn does not like Tommy at all. I wonder if he knows anything about this. I won’t be the first to say anything. I’m not the kind of person to spread rumors about people. Unlike most people in River City I like to stay out of other people’s affairs and keep to myself. At the library today Harold Hill showed up and it looked like he was trying to ask Ms. Paroo out on a date. Doesn’t he know you’re supposed to QUIET in a library? Jeely Kly! I can see why Ms Paroo was getting annoyed with him. He was causing quite a ruckus and the library was quite chaotic for a little bit. He seems to have people under some kind of spell. I don’t quite get what’s so intriguing about him. Apparently Ms Paroo doesn’t either. I wonder if she’ll eventually say yes to going out with him. Seeing them together as a couple would be quite interesting.

Fire Drill reaction
(Only pertains to my production of the show. This occurred during the Saturday afternoon performance right before the end of the first act)



Jeely Kly! Who would expect a fire alarm right in the middle of a show? Certainly not me or anyone else in River City (or the audience for that matter) It is surprisingly cold for spring time. What would even cause this to occur? Does anyone really know?
Author’s note: As it turned out the fire drill was supposedly caused by a malfunction with the popcorn machine. In this case the trouble that was caused in River City was caused with a Capital T and that rhymes with P but that doesn’t stand for pool . I’m impressed that I was able to stay in character during the fire drill





Wells Fargo Wagon


The Wells Fargo Wagon doesn’t come around very often so it’s always very exciting when it does. Most of the time people don’t really know what to expect when it pulls into town but this time River City was a buzz. The band instruments were supposedly on their way. Winthrop took us all by surprised when he sang. No one saw that coming at all. He has been mostly mute for two years. Mrs. Paroo and Marian were the most surprised as well. All the kids in the boys band received their instruments. I wonder how the band will sound.




Is he for real?
(Thoughts between the scenes when Charlie Cowell confronts Marian and before the chase scene)



Word on the street is that Harold Hill isn’t he’s cracked up to me. I heard from a friend that there’s another traveling salesmen in town named Charlie Cowell. Who sells anvils? They must really have a limited appeal because I’ve never heard of anyone else who sells them. Who would even buy them? What purpose would they serve? From what I understand Charlie told Ms Marian that Harold is a fake and that River City is the first town he has tried this boy band ploy of his in. I guess nothing has exactly worked out in other places. That makes me feel suspicious about weather or not there is going to be a boys band. I’m sure others will feel the same way.





And the Band played on
(Finale)




8 days later here all again in the auditorium. Everyone is concerned that Harold Hill has taken advantage of them. I definitely feel the same way. Since the incident occurred with Charlie Cowell confronting Marian Paroo things have been crazy. We chased him all over town til we finally captured him. We led him in handcuffs to the gym. Ms Paroo got on the podium briefly and talked about River City has changed so much and how we should all appreciate him for what he did. GET THE TAR AND FEATHERS all the men in community seem to be screaming. We were pleasantly surpised to actually see a band in full uniform come into the auditorium. We underestimated Harold Hill. I am disappointed in the way I jumped to so many conclusions about him and I’m sure others feel the same way. He’s not a fraud after all.

No comments:

Followers