About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Draft of a Music Man Fanfiction

This is a first draft of a Music Man fan fiction I am writing. Currently it what we call a oneshot which means it is a one chapter fiction that focusses on a certain character pairing that could pontentially be furthur expanded upon. Suggestions on how I could expand on this is most welcomed and appreciated as I struggle with this a little bit.


Helping Winthrop get out of his shell
A Music Man Fan Fiction
Author's note: Set a few years after the events of Music Man take place. Winthrop and Amarylis are now high school sophomores. I do not own rights to Music Man characters or quotes. Enjoy!
Amaryllis: I'm having a party on Saturday. I'd like it if you could come.Mrs. Paroo: Well, Amaryllis asked you to her party. Are you going or not?Winthrop Paroo: NoMrs. Paroo: No what?Winthrop Paroo: No, thank you.Mrs. Paroo: No thank you, who? You know the little girl's name.Amaryllis: I bet he won't say it.Mrs. Paroo: No, "thank you, WHO," Winthrop?Winthrop Paroo: No, thank you, AMARYLLITH!Amaryllis: Amaryllith! Amaryllith!
Amarylis often remembered back to when she was one of Marian Paroo's piano students. She was never at all shy to talk to Marian's brother Winthrop who was the same age as her. Winthrop was often afraid to speak because he had a lisp. Amarylis always had a dream of dating Winthrop and told Marian how she always wished for him on the evening star. Despite how Marian had told her there would be other boys for her to focus her thoughts on she always held out hope that her and Winthrop would become a couple someday.
Six years after the River City boys band was formed Amaryllis had grown into a beautiful young woman and worked for Marian Paroo as her teaching assistant which came in very handy to Marian as she was quite busy with raising her family. Winthrop was maturing into a man and though his lisp was gone he was still shy around girls in his school. Amaryllis noticed this and she was positive other girls in River City High School were noticing him too. She made it her personal goal to help Winthrop be less shy around girls.
"Winthrop I think it's time you stopped being so shy and got yourself out there into the dating world." Amaryllis suggested one afternoon while they were doing algebra homework.
Winthrop gazed at her slightly annoyed. Marian and his mother we constantly saying the same exact thing to him. She was the last person he would have expected to be giving him this kind of advice.
"Why should it be your concern?" he asked
"Well because I think you're a nice boy and you have a lot of good qualities."
"Like what?"
"Caring kind considerate and you've become rather good on the cornet since the boy band started up."
Winthrop smiled at the last comment. "Thank you Amaryllis, that's nice of you to say."
"What's got you so nervous about meeting other girls?"
Winthrop thought back to Marian's experiences before meeting Harold Hill and also the events that went on during their courtship and also what happened when Zaneeta Shinn and Tommy Diljas first started dating.
"Oh you know there people in River City. They don't when to stop with the rumors. I mean look at Tommy and Zaneeta.. it took them awhile to release the fact that they were dating. They practically had to sneak behind Mayor Shinn's back."
"Well your situation is a little different. I happen to know for a fact that quite a few girls in our class happen to think you're cute."
Winthrop blushed.
"Really?"
"Yes, really, I wouldn't hurt if you talked to them and got to know them."
Winthrop considered this for a moment. There were a few girls in his music class he thought were cute.
"And you want to know something else Winthrop?"
"What?"
"I like you too."
"You do?"
It was Amarylis's turn to get shy.
"Yes. I do.
"How long have you liked me?"
"Ever since that day when we were 10 and I asked you my birthday party."
"Really?"
"Yes. I always wished on the evening star that you'd share the same feelings for me but your sister talked me out of it."
"What does my sister know about love? She never dated anyone til she met Harold Hill."
Amarylis smiled. She knew that was a true statement.

No comments:

Followers