About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Summer Lovin (will have me a blast)

Spring may have just started a week or so ago but in terms of going to see plays my mind is already preset to summer. The spring has a pretty short list of productions to view

  • Les Mis Riverbend Youth Company

  • Suessical The Musical Peacock Players

  • NEC Movement Concert

My on going goal is to try to see a show at least one new theatre. Last year the new theatre of choice was Andy's Summer Playhouse in Wilton where I saw Dick Tracy. I am not sure if their schedule has been released yet or not but I defintiley plan on going back there to see a show. I also reacquainted myself with the Arundel Barn Playhouse in Arundel Maine at which the last time I saw a play was in 2006 when I saw Nunsense Last summer I saw Shout The Mod Musical which was a musical revue of songs from the 50s.


Aside from Summer Theatre In Meredith Village where I have season passes I hope to see a show at least one theatre in NH and one theatre in Southern Maine. Summer Theatre In Meredith Village's season includes Guys and Dolls, Man Of La Mancha, Hairspray, Cabaret and The Buddy Holly Story. They did Buddy Holly Story a few years ago but I missed it because I was in Italy so I am very excited about seeing that. Depending on budget and schedule I will see more than one show. I am also deciding if I am going to do tech work for The Producers with Riverbend Youth Company. The show is the second weekend in August and at this point I don't know what my schedule looks like in terms of vacations and such. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. August seems like a long time away from now.


The possibilties of where I can see shows are endless. Locally Peacock Players, Andy's Summer Playhouse and Milford Area Players are definite options. MAP is doing August Osage County which I am really excited about because when that show was in New York I didn't get the opportunity to see it.


Other options include


Papermill Theatre in Lincoln hasn't announced their schedule yet but they are certainly on my list. As is Winnipasaukee Playhouse in Laconia.



Ogunquit Playhouse: The last time I saw a play here was in 2005 when I saw CATS. Two shows there are doing that I really want to see are Avenue Q and Legally Blonde. I have a lot of songs from Avenue Q on my ipod and I enjoy the soundtrack. I have recently been adding songs from Legally Blone to my itunes and I am liking what I hear so far from that soundtrack too. My favorite song is probably Chip On My Shoulder. They are also doing Music Man which would be fun to see since I have never seen it on stage before being in it only seen the movie versions (both the original and 2003 remake)


NLBP: They have a pretty good line up this summer. They are doing two shows I have never seen performed before A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum and The Drowsy Chaperone so those would probably be really good choices. They are also doing The Man Who Came To Dinner the week of my birthday so I might try to go see that.


Seacoast Rep: They are doing 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and Hairspray this summer. I have missed the opportunity to see 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at other theatres because of scheduling conflicts so I hope to get the opportunity to see it in Portsmouth this summer. Hairspray should be a fun show to see too. I saw the national tour of that in Boston my senior year in high school and I loved it!


Weathervane Theatre: They have a good variety of shows. Music Man, Legally Blonde, Boeing Boeing and La Cage Aux Follles to name a few. Lots to choose from. Don't really get the chance to venture up to North Conway or theatres around that area very much so this will be a nice change of pace.


Barnstormers: One show they are doing that I have a huge interest in seeing is You're A Good Man Charlie Brown. I grew up with the Charlie Brown cartoon and comic strip and would love to see the musical version of it. My favorite song from the soundtrack is My New Philosophy.


Arundel Barn Playhouse: Their line up includes The Wizard Of Oz,A Tafetta Wedding, I Left My Heart (Musical Revue of Tony Benett songs), The 39 Steps and Crazy For You. Crazy For You was my high school's musical when I was a freshmen and it was hysterical. I would not mind seeing that again since I haven't seen it in awhile. The 39 Steps was another show that I didn't get to see when it was in New York so that puts it way at the top of my list.


Maine State Music Theatre: They are doing The Marvelous Wonderettes, Annie,Xanadu and The Wiz. I have never heard of The Marvelous Wonderetttes and have no idea what it's about. Might be something worth checking out.




So yes looking so very foward to the summer. Let's see where things end up budget and schedulewise.


No comments:

Followers