About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hotel La Putts

Just returned from NEC where I saw Hotel La Putts. A staged reading of a play that was written and directed by my theatre professor Wally Pineault. The show was preceded by a wonderful retirement dinner for Wally at the Country Spirit. It was wonderful to see all the people I did shows with at NEC again (both who were in the show and those who I saw at the dinner before hand) Nice to catch up with everyone! The cast consisted of current students alumni and commmunity members much like the Open Door shows that are performed during the summer do. In equal comparison to the Open Door shows there was a versatile amount of charcters. I am always amazed at how the people who play multiple characters keep their lines straight. The story is set in NH at a hotel run by the La Putts family which is run by Bud (Ian Allen 10') and Yvette (Shawna Holt). The hotel has been hit hard by the recession and is having trouble staying afloat until Harry "The Charmer" Warner (Jimmy Hawkers 08') comes in to the picture. Harry uses the hotel as a place to hold confrences but little do the La Puttes expect that they are being swindled and their hotel is being used as a main station for a drug deal. I don't really want to spoil the ending. I was laughing throughout the whole show though there were a few parts that had me on the edge of my seat in suspense.

Congrats and to the cast and crew on amazing ahow and Congrats to Wally on his retirement!

No comments:

Followers