About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, April 28, 2011

American Idol TRIPLE Update

Missed a week of AI becauseo of Music Man (thankfully my parents taped it)so there is a lot of ground to cover. THREE WEEKS worth of performances!


Last week Stefano went home. Very happy about that. Hs performance last week was the weakest of the bunch and generally his weakest overall. Duirng top 8 week he sang a song from a movie I wasn't familar with Boomerang. It was slightly better but not by much. Which is unfortunate since a majority of his perofrmances have been consistant
Two weeks ago Paul went home. He was not one of favorites.

This week I predict Jacob will go home.




Top 8 Week Theme: Music From The Movies
Last week's theme: Songs 2006-Present
This week's theme: Carole King





*Missed full performance. Rating is based on snipit shown when they review the phone #s





Ratings


Scotty
Top 8 Week: 10

I Cross My Heart by George Strait Not familiar with this song or the movie that it's from but he nailed it.

Last week *8
This week: 8 (solo) 10 (Duet)
Total: 36
Lauren
Top 8 Week: 8
Song: The Climb by Miley Cyrus from The Hannah Montana Movie
This song was an excellent fit for her. She sang it beautifully
Last week 9
This Week 10 (duet) 8 (solo)
Total: 35
James
Top 8 Week: 6
Heavy Metal (missed movie it was from and artist) He was in his element but I didn't like this performance and thought it was over the top.
Last week 8
This Week 9 (solo) 9 (duet)
Total: 32
Jacob 6
Top 8 Week 8
Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel from Pursuit of Happiness He did fabulous with this song. Wonderful rendition.
Last week 9
This week 6(solo) 9 (duet)
Total
Haylee
Top 8 Week 6
Song Call Me Blondie
Last Week 9
This week 9 (solo) 10 (duet)
Total 34
Casey
Top 8 Week: 10
Artist Nat King Cole Song:Nature Boy
Last week 10
This Week 10 (duet) 9 (solo)
Total: 39

Casey and Scotty have been pretty consistant throughout the whole compettion and continue to impress me. I missed Scotty's song last week so I can not give an accurate review of this performance. This week he sang You've Got A Friend. I liked how he broke out of his comfort zone. He did a wonderful rendition of my favorite song by James Taylor. Casey gave three outstanding performances. Last week's rendition of Harder To Breathe by Maroon 5 was stellar as was his duet with Haylee of I Feel The Earth Move. They complimented eachother really well. I missed the title of his solo song but I loved how he stuck wit the jazzy feel it did the song justice.
James is next in my rankings. Randy came out with a kind of surprisng comment that he could win the whole compettion. Overall he has been pretty strong (and once again consitant) through most of his performances. Last week he sang Muse's Uprising which I think really fit his rock and roll persona well. This week he toned things down a little bit with Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow? Beautiful rendition and a lovely dedication to his wife. I enjoyed the duet he and Jacob did but didn't quite see how the song Tell Me Something Good fit the Carole King repetroie. Very much enjoyed. The duet could pontetially save Jacob from elimination too bad it wasn't counted as part of the voting because his solo was really not up to par this week and certainly did not top last week's performance of Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross by any means.
Haylee and Lauren have not really been my favorite girls of the bunch but since Pia was eliminated three weeks ago I feel forced to choose one of them. Over the the course of the compettion both of them have grown as performers and have for the most part remained consistant with their performances. Last week Lauren and Haylee both sang songs I am not familiar with Born Today by Sara Evans and Rollin In The Deep by Adele. I guess this proves how little I listen to the radio. Both performances were good. This week I enjoyed both Haylee and Lauren's solos as well as their duets with Scotty and Casey. Haylee sang Get Up which was a very upbeat song and had me wanting to get up and dance. Lauren sang Where You Lead one of my favorite songs by Carole King. She did an amazing job with it. She and Scotty did equally as well with their duet of Up On The Roof.

No comments:

Followers