About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pre- Closing Show Reflections















I have a few minutes before I have to start getting ready for the matinee performance of Music Man. Thought I'd reflect on the show This show has been such an amazing experience. Overall I think I've grown as an actor. Looking back to Annie Get Your Gun I was very awkward on stage because I was uncomfortable with my character. I was able to grow into my character more with this shoe and also interact more with the people in the ensemble. Marian The Librarian was a bit challenging to learn at first but I slowly eased into it and that ended up being my favorite number in the show. My first big dance number as well. As I mentioned an earlier entry this has been my first show since Annie Get Your Gun and I can't beleive I took this long to get back into to the swing of being in shows. The cast was so welcoming and I had so much fun working with everyone. :) I definitley plan on auditioning for Oaklahoma next year. Yay for Rogers and Hammerstien! :) Thanks to Kevin and Dave for this amazing opportunity and the cast and crew for being so welcoming :) Backstage and cast party pictures will be up on facebook soon. Due to copyright laws I can't post video clips from the show on this blog. However, if you would like to see some promotional videos which Rich Sparks made please go here: https://picasaweb.google.com/sparks.rich/MusicManVideos# They are quite amazing :)




Updated 4/18/11 @ 10:02pm to include a few backstage pictures. The rest can be found in my Facebook album aptly titled Music Man. Other people took pictures backstage that I am in so I need to figure out how I am going to get them. Today I was singing Gary Indiana to myself all day running back and forth doing various errands around the hospital. I am already missing this show like crazy but to deal with the post-show blues I was changing the words to Gary Indiana around and inserting the location of the next place I am working ( which by the way is doing freelance work for Summer Theatre In Meredith Village. People should def come see shows there this summer.. thus I replace Gary Indiana with Meredith New Hampshire.)

The last time I dealt with post show blahs was after I left the Barn Playhouse 4 years ago and I think the biggest I had then was dealing with the fact that everyone was so far away. The good thing about doing a community show like this one is that while the post show blahs are still there I'll still see people around. My performances this weekend were dedicated to everyone I worked with at the Barn Playhouse. Though I have lost contact with quite a few of them all of the stuff they have done since we left New London whereever their individual paths havel led them continues to inspire me and is what keeps me going.

No comments:

Followers