About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The killer viewing update

5 shows to cover here: Sense and Sensibility The Musical NEC Movement Concert, Les Miserables, Guys and Dolls and Seussical The Musical









Dateline April 30: To end off my April vacation my boyfriend and I went to Wellsely College to see their spring musical Sense and Sensibility The Musical. Granted I have never read the book by Jane Austen (and perhaps I should now) so I did not know what to expect. Unfortunately the program did not come with a song list something I found quite stands so I can't exactly point out what my favorite songs were but all in all it was a good show. Very talented students at Wellsely College and I can't wait to see thier summer show Last Night in Ballyhoo.




Dateline May 7th NEC Movement Concert Duets This marks the end of an era. This year all the theatre kids who were freshmen when I was a senior are graduating so next year I won't have anyone to go see in shows.. though depending on what shows they do next year I may go back. The Movement Concert is something I look foward to every year and I will miss going to those a lot. This year the theme of the concert was duets. I thought all the dances were phenonimnal but if I could pick three top favorites they would have to be Swans *Rachel Buck 10' and Maddison Shea ( I think she's a freshmen but I'm not sure) Stalker Song (Christna Vasta 11') Audrey Adam Boieslle (11) Ian Allen (10) and Rene Cobar (11) and Romeo and Juliet Kelly Merrick (12) Christina Vasta (11) and Ian Allen (10) Great job to cast and crew and congrats to all the seniors!




Date Line May 14th Les Miserabales Riverbend Youth Company
The last time I saw Les Mis I was in high school. For some reason I had a hard time appreciating the musical and I wasn't sure what I didn't like about it. I remember I saw it in Bedford and that Meghan Harrington and Jon Weinstein were both in it.. can't recall what theatre company it was. Now that I am older I think I have a deeper appreciation for what the show is about and also how powerful the music is. I would like to take the opportunity to say that out all the Riverbend shows that I have seen this one really stuck out to me and while Les Mis may not be one of my favorite shows of all time this was the best performance they have done. I am always impressed with Riverbend's show and I am not being biased because I do backtage work for them either. The amount of talent in each company is amazing.... but most definitley this one. Everyone in Riverbend is equally talented but particular people who stood out in this show were Georgia Craven (Young Cosette), Lucas Nevrla (Thenardier) Aly McKnight( Eponine), Amy Butenhof ( Fatime) Kat Feraco (Madame Thenardier) and Michael Martin (Marius) Fabulous job to everyone!! Congrats to all the seniors and best of luck to you all













Dateline May 20th Guys and Dolls Actorsingers My ongoing goal of seeing shows in theatres I have not seen shows at yet continues with Guys and Dolls at Actorsingers...ironically i am seeing this show in a little under a month at Interlakes Summer Theatre so I am withholding my review till then so I can do a comparison of the two performances. My ongoing goal to see shows at theatres I have not seen shows at yet continues on ... next up is Palace Theatre. I have season passses there next year and I have yet to decide what show I am going to see.

*Summer Theatre In Meredith Village recently changed their name to Interlakes Summer Theatre.




Dateline May 21st Suessical The Musical Peacock Players As a child I loved reading Dr Suess books so I was interested to see how his books would be brought to the stage... once again Peacock Players does an amazing job. I was familar with some of the songs because I've been reading some Suessical fanfiction and not being too familar with the songsI looked them up on youtube. <3 Notice Me Horton. :) Like always the talent was very versatile. Tony Clements pretty much stole the show as the Cat In The Hat. Favorite musical #s included Notice Me Horton,Alone In The Universe, How Lucky You Are and All For You! :) Great job to everyone! :)

No comments:

Followers