About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, June 5, 2009

Hannah Montana in Spring Awakening? WTF!!

My thoughts on Miley Cyrus potientially being cast as Wendla in the Spring Awakening movie. (not sure when it is going to be released)
Note: So far this is only speculation and not actullay true.
Granted I am still very sad I never got to see the play on Broadway or on tour but there was a girl who did theatre for Peacock Players , the local acting troupe in Nashua that I had a brief internship for over the winter who was in the original Broadway cast. (Alexandra Socha just in case there are any people from my local area who read this blog.. not sure who does) I've actually gotten mixed reviews from my friends who saw the play some hated it and some loved it. As a fan of Broadway musicals I would say that it would utterly disgust me if Miley Cyrus was cast in the Spring Awakening movie. All recent Disney Channel stars seem to get on my last nerve. The only reason why people even know of her is because her dad is a famous country singer and helped rise to stardom. If she was in the movie the whole flair of the musical would be taken away because all of her teeny-bopper followers would flock to see it. I would assume because there is sexual content in the musical it would not be very suitable for anyone under the age of 13 to partake in seeing. Heck, I saw Dance Flick with my boyfriend last weekend and there was a family of 4 sitting next to me. The youngest girl looked like she was about 11 or 12 and some of the material in that movie is extremely inappropriate for someone that young... anyway back to the topic at hand. For one thing I can't even STAND the show Hannah Montana and the fact that they made a movie out of it sickens me ( no offense to anyone who likes it or knows anyone who likes it) For another thing Miley Cyrus,in my honsest opinion can't sing and has a horrible voice to boot so she would totally ruin the part of Wendla if she were to be cast in it. Hopefully the directors of the movie do not make the mistake of casting her..if they do then I absolutely REFUSE to waste my money on seeing that movie.

No comments:

Followers