About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Season 5 So You Think You Can Dance

I have a month interlude in my theatre viewing and review writing. I figured for filler entries I would write about So You Think You Can Dance. The show is in its 5th season there abouts. I started watching it about two years ago and besides American Idol it's my favorite show on Fox. Glee will join the list in September.



This season of So You Think You Can Dance is I think going to be the best one yet. There is such a diverse talent in the group of dancers. Last night was the first performance show for the top 20. Some performances didn't exactly wow me. below is the list of the ones that did.



1. Melissa and Ade. Mellissa is the most seasoned dancer this season as well as the first balllerina they've had on the show. They did a lovely contemporary number which I thought was outstanding. They are one couple I think will go far this season.

2. Randi and Evan This was the most emotional dance I have seen on the show. Very sensual and powerful. Definitley my favorite performance of the night.
3. Ashley and Kupono They did a jazz routine that was based around the theme of Crash Dummies. Very creative and very much enjoyed
4. Jeanine and Phillip Yay! One of the contestants has my name so excited for that because my name isn't very popular. This was also a very emotional piece and very well performed. I hope they stay in.


Runners Up; Auska and Vitolio, Kayla and Jonathan

Results: All my predicted couples made it through to next week

Bottom 6 The person who went home is in bold
1. Auska
2 Karla
3. Paris
4. Jonathan
5. Tony
6. Vitolio




In other news the other night I went to a benefit concert my sister put on for her Ethics Forum. They had a variety of local bands there. I entered late and only stayed for an hour and a half but the one band I liked out of three that I saw was The Mydas Ascension. They were mellow in comparison to they other two bands that played. The concert itself was very well organized and put together. Congrats to all in Ethics Forum for putting together such an awesome event.

Upcoming Shows
July 10th (tenative could change to the 11th or 12th because of my boyfriend's work schedule.) Grease at Interlakes Theatre!! So excited. Grease is one of my favorite shows and my friend Matt Densky from the Barn Playhouse is playing the Teen Angel. So incredibly excited to see him again :)

Deciding which JI show to go see at the Barn Playhouse.

No comments:

Followers