About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas let your heart be light

What a pefect way to get into the spirit of the holidays! Last night Sonya gave me and Matt an early Christmas present and treated us to Judy's Scary Little Christmas presented by the Music and Drama Company which is based out of Londonderry.

I have never found myself laughing so hard as I was last night at this production. There was not one single dull moment. I also found myself wanting to sing along at certain parts. What a fun show!

This show is a spoof 0f 1950s radio shows and is set in 1956 in Holloywood. The star of the show Christine Frydenborg did amazing in her portaryal of Judy Garland. The opening number Back in Christmas Town made me want to get up and dance. As the guess start to arrive at Judy's party the characters come out in full musical force Bing Crosby, Liberace,Ethel Merman, Richard Nixon Lillian Hellman and Joan Crawford. Each character had their own story to tell which led to energetic songs and fun conversations. Favorite musical numbers included The Candy Cane Twist, Mauna Loa Hula Holiday and Make It Shine. My favorite character hands down was Liberace as portayed by Michael Coppola. An unexpected guest named Death (Dave Kjellander) drops in and rains on everyone's parade a litlte bit predicting how everyone will die but that does not deter the fun atmosphere of this holiday gatering even for a couple minutes.

Congrats to the cast and crew on an amazing performance and once againg Happy Holidays to all who follow my blog.


2010 Vieiwing Schedule (Subject to change due to budget)
March
11-14 Going to NY to go see eiither Billy Elliot, Jersey Boys or A Little Night Music as part of Rae's birthday gift.
27-29th SHS Musical Bye Bye Birdie
29-Apr 11 RENT Palace Theatre
May
21-23rd Sweet Charity Actorsingers
8th NEC Movement Concert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. The show was an absolute joy to be a part of and iberace was a great person to portray as well. Again, thank you for your blog entry.
"Liberace"

Followers