About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

So You Can Dance/ Glee Weekly Update

So close to the finale for both shows we can almost taste it.




Top 10 Pairings and Genres


Couple 1: Ellenore and Jakob

Totals Ellenore 26 Jakob 27
Solo: Ellenore 9 Jakob 10

Genre 1: Contemp Very sensual and sexual but still good. Rating out of 10" 8


Genre 2 QuickStep Usually this genre is deadly but they nailed it. Score out of 10:9

Couple 2: Nathan and Kathryn

Solos Nathan 8 Kathryn 9

Genre 1: Broadway Song: Choreography from White Christmas Nathan shone much brighter than he has in other routines. I think Kathryn brought out the best in him for certain. They had much better chemistry then him and Molly did. Rating out of 10: 8


Genre 2: Rumba This seemed to me to be more of jazz then a rumba but regardless it seemed good. Kathryn has wonderful technique and is now my new favorite girl this season. Rating out of 10: 7



Totals Nathan 17 Kathryn 17


Couple 3: Russell and Mollee
Solo Ratings Mollee 6 Russell 8

Genre 1: Jazz ( Mandy Moore) Very powerful and great lines. This is a great pair with beautiful chemistry. Rating out of 10 8


Genre 2: Jive Very energetic and fun to watch. Rating out of 10"8

Russell 16 Mollee 14


Couple 4: Legacy and Ashleigh
Solos Legacy 10 Ashleigh 8

Genre 1: Contemp umm what? this looked like hip hop not contemporary. Not my favorite dance of the season. Rating 0ut of 10: 4


Genre 2 Hip Hop Too much walking and not really dancing.. they had better chemistry in the contemp #. Rating out of 10: 4
Totals Legacy 18 Ashleigh 16

Couple 5: Ryan and Noelle
Solos Ryan 6 Noelle 7

Genre 1: Waltz Very beautiful choreography and nice lines. Ryan's skill in ballroom was clearly evident. Rating out of 10: 8


Genre 2: Hip Hop (Nappy Tabs) One of the best perfromances of the night! Nappy Tabs are my favorite choreographers. Very Sensual and sexy. Rating out of 10: 9

Totals Ryan 14 Noelle 16
RESULTS!!
Bottom 4 Dancers: Kathryn Noelle Nathan Ryan
Dancers who went home: Noelle and Nathan
While I was hoping Nathan would go home tonight I don't think he left with very much confidence and that was mostly Nigel's fault for putting him down EVERY single time after he danced. He would have been a lot more confident in himself and taken more pride in his work if Nigel had not been so over critical of him. I haven't been a huge Nathan fan all season but I've been seeing a lot of negative posts about him on the message boards on fox.com and I would just like to say something positive about him for once. Sure, he's only 17 and a lot of the other more dancers are more seasoned then him but everyone has their own talents. He is very talented in his own respect and his solos were amazing. I thought he did better in all of his solos as opposed to how he did in a majority of his couple numbers. I think with all the knowledge he has gained from the show he will take that to only broaden his career.. SYTYCD is only a starting point for all of these dancers. I'm sure he will do amazing things. Not so sure either of the girls who were in the bottom two deserved to be there. Both Noelle and Kathryn were very versatile dancers. Ashleigh on the other hand is a very mediocre dancer and should have gone home.. her solo did absolutley nothing at all for me last night. Not sure I'm such a huge SYTYCD fan as I have been in previous seasons. Refer to my entry from Friday. Reasons why are outlined there.


As for Glee... This week's episode was intense
*Yearbook Photos: Will thought that the Glee Club was getting gypped by not getting their photos in the yearbook so he nominated Rachel to be captain of the Glee Club. She has a bit of an issue getting people to agree to be her co-captain but Finn agree but she ends up having to fly solo.
Commercial Quality: Rachel lands the Gleeks in a tv commercial for a local mattress store with the help of the yearbook photographer. That musical number was the best one I have seen all season long. However once Sue Sylvester gets wind of it she uses it as another way to bring Glee Club down.
*Relationship Shakeup: Will finds out about the fake pregnancy and flips his lid leaving Terri in the dust. I wonder if they will get back together or if he will end up with Emma.
*Brownie Points For Quinn: My least favorite character all season long has been Quinn. One reason why I don't like her is because she is using Finn and stringing him along thinking the baby is his when it is really Puck's. She did something admirable tonight standing up to Sue who kicked off the Cheerios because she was pregnant and because of her pregnancy wouldn't let her be in the yearbook picture because she didn't think she was a good role model for the rest of the cheerleaders. Shall we say,open mouth insert foot? Quinn pretty much told it like it is that Glee Club is a place where she belongs and Cheerios isn't because the Gleeks are more accepting of her and her pregnancy then Sue is. Way to Go Quinn!
Waiting so anxiously for next week's finale.


No comments:

Followers