About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another theatre related update

I should really be going to bed soon because I have to get up early for work tomorrow but I felt the urge to update.. it's actually been awhile since I've updated. Marina (Eat Sleep Breathe Theatre) posted an entry in her blog that I agree with about missing shows and such. I share similar sentiments to hers so I'll start my update with that and then move in other stuff.

I should start by saying that I haven't acted in a play since the Barn Playhouse when I was in Annie Get Your Gun and Barefoot in the Park. I had an issue with moving on from that summer at the Barn and had an even bigger issue with accepting the fact that I had an issue with moving on but I got over that hump. Just took me awhile.. longer than it should have actually. I don't think there's anything wrong with ocassionally still missinb being in a show with out being to obsessed about it is there? That's how I felt about Annie Get Your Gun because it really helped me to break out of my shell as an actor. Before that point I was used to doing work backstage. This is why auditionig for the PTA Play is all the more exciting. I feel like I am in a void because I haven't acted in three years. I am hoping I get into Music Man because I think it will be really great show to work on. Please refer to my entries below about audtion songs as I am still struggling with deciding which song to sing.

Tech work wise I find it sometimes hard to balance choosing what shows to do tech for because of my work schedule.... or maybe it's just a fear of getting involved in too many shows at once (refer to my inital post about deciding weather or not to audition for the PTA Play) Right now I am doing tech work for the Riverbend School of Theatre Art's fall production of The Man Who Came To Dinner. Tech week begins the week after halloween and I am pumped. Especially since I will be doing sound desgin something totally new after that I willl be helping out with Guys and Dolls Jr in some capacity but I haven't decided what I am going to do quite yet.. it will largely depend on what they need me to help out with. I must say all the kids who are involved in Riverbend School of Theatre Arts shows are really talented Man Who Came To Dinner and Guys and Dolls Jr willl be my third and fourh shows repectively with the company. I am also debating helping out back stage with the Souhegan Musical.. plans to help out with Bye Bye Birdie fell through last year due to scheduling issues so I'm hoping I'll be able to contribute to the show this year in some way. They are doing Fiddler on The Roof this year one of my absolute favorite musicals.






Actually technically I don't really have much else to say. Went to see the NEC Open Door Theatre's production of As You Like It on September 18th. It was an interesting modern day spin on my favorite Shakespeare Play and it was amazing. Standout characters included Alex Picard, Jennie Leonard and Greg Stuart but everyone in the cast is equally talented. <3 to my NEC theatre friends. :) Tenatively I am seeing Cabaret at the Palace Theatre on November 5th with Matt.. these plans might change due to schedueling so we'll see. On November 19th I am going to see A Christmas Carol A Musical Ghost Story at Community Players of Concord with a few of my friends. A nice way to get into the holiday spirit. It willl be my first time seeing a show at Community Players of Concord. One of my co-workers from NLBP Joel Mercier directed it and wrote the music so I am excited to see his interperation of A Christmas Carol and see how well it works put to music.


Time for Bed.

No comments:

Followers