About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Season 2 of Glee- General views and Rocky Horror

This morning I read an article in the Boston Globe entertainment section about Glee and how the plot lines in the episodes seem to be lacking any substance. I lean toward agreeing with the columnist. Last season there was drama and a reason to actually watch the show.. plot lines to keep the show interesting. This season it seems to be all about less than par karaoke versions of songs (which is what a majority of the musical numbers seem to be learning toward) and celebeirty cameos to promote new albums and such (According to the article that's why Britney Spears guest starred but I could have misread something.. i kind of quckly glanced the article over) The only episodes I have liked so far this season are the premiere and tonight's Rocky Horror Glee Show episode. Other than that none of the episodes or musical numbers have stood out to me.

Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my favorite halloween movies so I was especially excited about tonight's episode. What made it even more great was the fact that John Stamos made a guest appearance as Emma's denstst boyfriend. He still looks good after all these years.. his Uncle Jesse charm has never left him though I have to say he's not that great of singer. His Glee performance was alright but he was recently on Broadway as Albert in the revival of Bye Bye Birdie and I heard he was pretty horrible. Despite the fact the music to music from Rocky Horror Picture Show is energetic and extremly likable I feel the content of this episode was wildly inapropriate toward the audience that Glee is supposed to be directed toward.

Overall Season Rating up to this point C+
Rating of Tonight's Episode B+

No comments:

Followers