About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Audition songs- Narrowing my options

Based on discussions I have been having with various people I have narrowed my choices for audition songs for Music Man down to the following. Please note we have the option of either singing a song from the show (in my case Wells Fargo Wagon, 76 Trombones or Goodnight My Someone) or picking any song we want to sing. My audition is not til after Christmas so I still have awhile to pick my song. However I want to pick a song as soon as possible so I have enough time to order sheet music and start practicing.
Range: Low Soprano/High Alto. I can't belt so that automatically ruled out Tomrrorow from Annie and Don't Rain On My Parade from Funny Girl because those have really high notes at the end
Top 10 Choices
1. What I Did For Love A Chorus Line
2. Put on A Happy Face Bye Bye Biridie
2A My Favorite Things Sound of Music
3. I Got The Sun In The Morning Annie Get Your Gun
3A Do Re Mi Sound of Music
4. Roxie Chicago
5. You Can't Get A Man With A Gun Annie Get Your Gun
6. I Enjoy Being A Girl Flower Drum Song
7. Somewhere That's Green Little Shop of Horrors
8. Spanish Rose Bye Bye Birdie
9. Seasons of Love RENT ( this was not in my original list but I LOVE THIS SONG)
10 You're Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile Annie

I found a website where I could look up selections for potential audition songs Roxie Spanish Rose and You Can't Get A Man With A Gun came up. I take this as a sign. Life of The Party from Lippa's Wild Party , The Gentlemen Is A Dope from Allegro and If You're Good To Mama from Chicago also came up in my results

No comments:

Followers