About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Chicago: A Comparison



















This weekend I went up to Ithaca College for Family Weekend. It was great to see my sister after not seeing her for two months and meet all her friends. Seems like a nice group of friends that she has. Her roommate is a sweetheart. Yesterday afternoon we went to a showcase of different campus performance arts troupes on campus 3 acapella groups, 3 dance troupes a circus troupe and a fife and drum group. Such a diverse amount of talent I was quite impressed. I definitley want to see if the Ithacaapella Acapella group has any tracks I can downloand from itunes. They were amazing. Then last night we saw the Ithaca College Theatre Department production of Chicago. It was quite impressive for a college produciton.. my mom thought it was even better then some Broadway productions she has seen but I wouldn't really compare it to something of that caliber. Instead I did a mental compare/contrast between this production and the production I saw at Summer Theatre In Meredith Village in July.

In both productions I found that the actresseses who played Roxie and Velma (Maggie Politii and Kelesy Cooke (STMV) and Megan Watt and Rebecca Futterman (IC) complimented each other quite well. My Own Best Friend and Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag were very well excuted numbers. Another well excuted role was that of Billy Flynn (Jared Trolio (STMV and Danny Lindgren (IC) Razzle Dazzle and We Both Reached For The Gun were very energetic numbers. Cell Block Tango was a standout musical number in both performances as were Roxie Mister Cellophane and Class. In the IC performance I found that the performances of Tim Quartier (Amos Hart) and Jessica Bennett (Matron Mama Morton) were moderate in comparison that that of their counterparts in the STMV show John Baker and Sheria Feurstein but they do show amazing talent.
Technically I couldn't find too much to compare.. all technical aspects of both shows were very good and highly impressive. The IC production had amazing sound and light design which I found to be very impressive for a college production.

Congrats to the cast of Chicago at Ithaca College on a great show :)















No comments:

Followers