About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Moives- The Good The Bad and The Ugly

*- Theatre ** home viewing**





The Good


*Julie and Julia


Rating A-


Definitley one of my favorite movies of the year 2009. I have never laughed so hard or been made so hungry. Meryl Streep and Amy Adams were amazing in their respective roles.


*The Twilight Saga New Moon


Rating B-


Not as good as Twilight but still worth seeing.


**Every Little Step


Rating A


High reccommendable for any fan of Broadway musicals! This is a doucementary of the casting process of the national tour of A Chorus Line. I find it to very insightful into the casting process of a professional theatre production.


*My Sister's Keeper


Rating A-


While it may not hold completley true to the book version by Jodi Piccout it is still a very moving movie and it was the first movie in a very long time that made me cry.
*It's Complicated
Rating A
Best movie of the year! Tied with Julie and Julia for my favorite. Highly reccommendable! This one of Meryl Streep's best performances of the year aside from Julie and Julia.




In The Middle


* A Christmas Carol


Rating B


Not my favorite version of the classic Christmas tale but it is still funny and another gold star for Jim Carrey


** Angels and Demons


Rating A-


I found this movie to be really interesting and I am typically not a history buff. Tom Hanks has a very powerful performance.


**Anything Goes


Rating A-


** A Funny Thing Happened on The Way To The Forum


Rating B

He's Just Not That Into You

Rating B-

Didn't know really what to expect from this one since it's based on a self-help book. I actually ended up really enjoying this movie a lot. Very witty,lighthearted and cute. Very much enjoyed.

Side note: The also recently made The Secret into a movie. I think I'm Just Not Into You is easier to adapt into a film version than The Secert so it should be interesting to see how they adapted The Secret.

*The Proposal and All About Steve

Ratings A-/B+

Sandra Bullock has been one of my favorite actresses for a long time and she did not disappoint with her performances in both of these movies. I can't wait to see The Blind Side eventually.







The Bad


** Last Chance Harvey


Rating D


Bland and boring. Do not waste your money.


** Bride Wars and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past


Rating C-


These movies did not live up to the hype that the previews advertised them. I was actually quite disappointed with both of them. The plots of both films seemed quite predictable and I think Ghosts of Girlfriends Past takes the general plot of A Christmas Carol and modernizes it. I actually only rented both of these movies because my friend Lytle from the Barn Playhouse was in them.

*Dance Flick

Rating D-

Very lacking in plot. While I understood it was meant to be a parody of other dance movies such as Fame and Save The Last Dance I found the sense of humor in the jokes to be poor. Not mean spirited just poor.

















No comments:

Followers