About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, December 17, 2009

So You Think You Can Dance Finale Recap

So You Think You Can Dance Finale Recap

Dec 15/16

Top 6

Ashleigh

Ellenore

Jakob

Kathryn

Ryan

Russsell


Predicted Top 3

1. Jakob He has truly been FABULOUS all season long and has amazed and impressed with me with every dance he has done. Nigel suggested that he join a professional dance company once the season is over and any dance company he joins would be very blessed to have him.

2. Kathryn Channing was my favorite girl dancer for most of the season.. it was after she got voted off the week before Thanksgiving that I truly realized how talented and versatile Kathryn is. To me she has definitley grown as a performer this season and her performances have never once diasppointed me. The only performance that I didn't see as a particular stand out was her Broadway routine with Legacy.

3. Russell He has been one of my favorite male dancers this season and like Kathryn has truly grown into a versatile dancer. Let me just point out that it was incredibly hard to vote between him and Jakob.. I really wanted to vote for both of them because they are both amazing dancers. SUCH a hard decision if you consider how far both of them have come this season.


Peformance Show Summary

Jakob

Ratings: Routine 1: 10 Routine 2: 9 Routine 3: 10 Total 29

Jakob started off the evening dancing with Ellenore. Their genre was was Broadway. Seriously they had the best chemistry all season and I wish they had been paired up sooner. It was one of the best Broadway routines this season. Perfect ten. His second routine was with Ashleigh. They were together at the beginning of the season and it was great to see them dance together one final time. Once again they complimented eachother really well. For his final routine he was paired up with Kathryn and they pretty much stole the show with an amazing contemporary piece. Emotional. Powerful. Beautiful lines. This routine was the clincher for me in deciding who got my vote.

Ryan

Ratings Routine 1: 6.5 Routine 2 7 Routine 3 8 Total 21

Ryan began the evening being paired up with Kathryn dancing a Samba. The latin genre has some dances that stand out to me not this one however... I actually perfer tango. Three words can describe this dance Sassy Sexy and Sensual. Ryan looked a bit stiff during this routine. The second time around he was paired with Ellenore for a Jazz routine. Didn't really care for this routine at all to be honest. However they did compliment eachother really well. I will give them credit for that. To round at the night he danced with wife Ashleigh. They are truly gorgeous together when they dance.. my breath was taken away. One of the best contemporary routines I have seen this season.

Russell

Ratings: Routine 1: 8 Routine 2: 9 Routine 3: 7 Total: 24

Russell had a very good night tonight.. the best of the season actually and as I said earlier it was next to impossible to choose between him and Jakob when it came to voting. He began the evening dancing a Lyrical Jazz piece with Ashleigh. One of my favorite routines of the night. Very powerful and emotional. I could seriously almost feel their emotions penetrate through the tv screen.. that is how powerful that routine was for me. Next he was paired up with Ellenore for a Pase Doble... as I said in my commentary for Ryan's routines my favorite dance of the Latin genre is tango but out of all the Pase Dobles I have seen this seaosn this one was the best one. Ellenore was a powerful and emotional dancer in these piece and really shone brightly and almost outdanced Russsell but he was still good. He rounded out the evening dancing with Kathryn and what a great way to end the night. They danced a Nappy Tabs Hip Hop routine which was very fluid and NSYNC. Hip Hop is not my favorite dance style on this show but was definitley my favorite routine of the season in that style.





Results!!!
6th Place Ryan
5th Place Ashleigh
4th Place Elllenore
3rd Place Kathryn
2nd Place Jakob
WINNER Russell
The only thing shocking about these results was that Russell won over Jakob. Everything else was pretty obvious based on Tuesday's performances. As I said in my summary of the performance show it was incredibly hard for me to choose between Jakob and Russell when it came to picking my favorite guy. They both had their share of outstanding routines this season and each had at least one or two routines that particular routines that stood out to me (Russell-Afro Jazz with Noelle and Lyircal Jazz with Ashleigh. Jakob- Contemp with Kathryn and Broadway piece with Mollee) This has been an up and down season for me but tonight's results have definitley redeemed my faith in the show and I am definitley excited about next season. Bring it on Season 7! Can't wait for the summer!
Results show musical performances
Leona Lewis- I liked this performance. The song has a good message behind it. Avatar looks like an interesting movie but I really wouldn't put it in my top list of movies to see. Rating out of 10:9
Mary J Blige: Not typically a big fan of her music but I enjoyed her performance last night. Rating out of 10: 8.5
Adam Lambert: Something about him in general does not set well with me. It has nothing whatsoever to do with sexuality. It would think I would most likely have to do with the he was never my favorite on American Idol last year and that his performances seem to be a tad over theatrical. This one seemed a little bit more down to earth. Rating out of 10: 6
JLO- Usually I am a huge JLo fan. There was something about this performance that I wasn't to crazy about. Can't put my finger on exactly what it was though. I liked how she featured girls from this season and previous seasons in her routine. Rating out of 10:5.5

No comments:

Followers