About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

SYTYCD/Glee Weekly Uipdate

So You Think You Can Dance/Glee Weekly Update



Two genres per couple this week. After this week some of the most dynamic couples of this season willl be broken up. I was sad at this point last season when Randi and Evan and Ade and Melissa were going to be split from their partnerships. I feel the same way about Jakob and Ashleigh and Noelle and Russell this season.


Bolded= got my vote.

Top 6

Ryan and Ellenore

Genres Lindyhop/Broadway Overall Rating 16 Break Down Lindyhop 6 Bway 10

Both of these dances were energetic and fun to watch. They had fabulous chemistry in the Broadway routine. Perfect song choice for the Broadway routine because the routine certainly had a lot of Razzle Dazzle.

Kathryn and Legacy

Genres Jazz/Viennese Waltz Overall Rating 17 Breakdown Jazz 7 VWaltz 10

The jazz routine was not my favorite routine of theirs however the Viennese Waltz was beautiful and they had wonderful chemistry and truly emotional.

Karen and Victor

Genres: Tango/Hip Hop Overall Rating15 Breakdown Tango 9 Hip Hop 6

Complimented each other well in both pieces. Both pieces were very emotional and powerful

Mollee and Nathan

Genres: Hiphop/Can-Can Overall Rating 15 Both dances rated a 7,5

The went from being my least favorite couple to totally redeeming themselves. The hip hop piece was really creative. By far the best dance they have done. Can-Can was a new style introduced tomight and I feel they did quite well with it.

Noelle and Russell

Genres: Samba/ Comtemp Overall Rating 12 Breakdown Samba 5 Contemp 7.5

Noelle was very weak in the Samba but quickly bounced back in the contemp routine. The contemporary piece was on of my favorites this week. Tice Diorio is one of my favorite choreogrhers but I must admit I miss Mia Michaels's routines immensly.

Ashleigh and Jakob

Genres: Lyrical Jazz/ Cha Cha Overall 14 Breakdown L Jazz 9 Cha Cha 5

Cha Cha is my least favorite dance style on this show,. I don't think I have seen very many couples that have done it well and if they have been any they have certainly been few and far between. The lyrical jazz piece was purley emotional and very much enjoyed.

Bottom 6: Mollee Nathan Karen Victor Ryan Ellenore

Top 10: Ashleigh Ellenore Jakob Kathryn Legacy Mollee Nathan Noelle Russell Ryan

I was expecting that Karen would go home because I think she has done a lot better in previous weeks in opposition to this week. I was disappoted that Victor went home because he is definitley a stronger dancer than Nathan. I am starting to lose a lot of faith in this show all together. My overall liking of the show this season has gone down hill. Perhaps because this season was to quick to follow the summer season.

Now on to Glee... the drama still continues

* Kurt set Rachel up with Finn and sexed her up much like Frenchy did for Sandy at the end of Grease. To Rachel's diappointment Finn didn't have the same feelings for her as she originally thought causing Rachel to get mad at Kurt and Kurt Rachel the daunting truth that him nor Rachel will have him. Bluntness can hurt but I still think Finn and Rachel will end up together in the end.

*Sue leaks the set list for sectionals to the other schools so the Gleeks have to revise thier plan. Which involves a mash up of the title song from HAIR and Crazy in Love by Beyonce. Other musical numbers were Imagine by John Lennon and Bootylicious by Destiny's Child.

*Baby drama continues! This storyline is dragging on and I am getting sick of it. I think Terri is getting a little bit closer to confessing to Will which is good. Now Puck and Quinn just need to come clean that Puck is the father and everything well be FAB!

Happy Thanksgiving lovely blog followers!

No comments:

Followers