About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Theatre Viewing inHik Review

The 2011 In Review Theatre Post
Movies and Plays
It has been a busy year for me in both seeing movies and plays. Here's the run down
I made my return to the stage in 2011 after a four year hiatus landing an ensemble role in the Amherst PTA Producation of The Music Man. What a great experienee! It was such a great show to work on and so great to work with people I had seen in other PTA shows over the years. I am looking forward to auditioning for Oklahoma on Wednesday and hope that if I get cast the experience will be just as amazing as being in Music Man was. During January I was quite busy running back & forth between Music Man rehearsals and rehearsal for Guys and Dolls JR with Riverbennd Youth Company where I ran the spotlight. I think I found my technical niche finally which makes me quite happy. In March I tried something new and saw the annual Irish Music Show at the Amato Center around St Patrick's Day weekend. It was very cool to introduce myself to a new genre of music and I think Matt and I are likely to make this an annual tradition. At the end of April we went to NEC to see Hotel Laputts the annual spring mainstage production which was directed my former theatre professor Wally Pineault. Prior to the show we went to a reception for Wally's retirement at Country Spriit resturant which was quite lovely. I then had a whirlwind month between the end of April & middle of May where I saw 5 shows in the course of four weeks. A very interesting musical interpertation of Jane Austen's Sense and Sesibility at Wellsely College, NEC Movement Concert, Les Mis with Riverbend Yout Company (One of the best shows Riverbend has dne IMHO) Guys and Dolls at Actorsingers and Suessical The Musical at Peacock Players. All five shows were amazing. To read the full review see my entry The Killer Viewing Update. Suessical is nominated for several NH Theatre awards and I think that all nominess will be well deserving of the wins. Over the summer I had season passes to Summer Theatre in Meredith Village and the season was thier best season yet. Out of all the shows they did I'd have to saw my favorites were Buddy Holly Story and Hairspray. Looking very foward to their 2012 season, Though the schedule has not been finalized yet the show I am very excited about seeing Little Shop of Horrors. In August I saw The Producers for Riverbend Youth Company. I thoight the Riverbend crew did that show incredible justice. It is easily in top 5 list of favorite muscals. In September I saw I Love You You're Perfect Now Change at the Palace Theatre . Matt and I got our seats upgraded from aisle seats to onstage seating which was quite amazing. It was a whole new way to see a play.. which has be laughing the whole time In October I was blown awaya by amazing performances at the Milford Pumpkin Festival talent show espeically that of the winner 11 year old Caroline Burns of Hollis who did an amazing rendition of Adele's Rollin In The Deep. On October 23rd I saw And Then There Were None , Milford Area Players fall show and it definitely kept me guessing and on the edge of my seat. On November 6th I saw A Chorus Line at Stagecoach Producitions (Another show up for numerous NH Theatre Awards) which was quite impressive. Chorus Line is one of my top favorite musicals and I feel that Stagecoach did it wonderful justice. I also saw a benefit concert for the Motivating Miles Foundation the week before Halloween which was quite lovely. My 2011 theatre viewing schedule wrapped up with the Riverbend Youth Company/Milford Area Players joint Holiday production The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. This was Sonya's acting debut and I was very excited for her I thoight this was lovely interperation of one of my favorite holiday books growing up. Great job to everyone in the cast.
As for movies here is my top 10 list
Top 10 Movies of 2011
*Home Viewing ** Theatre Viewing @Remake
1. @* True Grit Rating A
2 **@ Footloose Rating A-
3 * The Departed A-
4 ** Harry Potter and The Dealthly Hallows Part IIRating A-The overall rating for all the Harry Potter movies is A.
5. ** The HelpRating A
6 * Country StrongRating
A7 ** Sherlock Holmes II Game of ShadowsRating A-
8. ** Twilight Breaking Dawn Part I Rating B
Ratings of past Twilight Movies Twilight B New Moon B- Eclipse C+Overall Rating of Series up to this point C+
9. ** MoneyballRating A-
**10. Green LanternRating B-
Movies that did not make the top 10 but are still worth seeking out: Burlusque, The King’s Speech, Enchanted. Mildred Pierce, Sherlock Holmes,Horrible Bosses
If you have seen any of these weigh in with your view points. It will merit fine discussion.

No comments:

Followers