About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Get In The Halloween Spirit

Happy Halloween (A day late)

Two awesome performances this week to fit the theme of Halloween. Friday evening was my sisters final performance for dance team.. the last of her high school career. It was a fabulous show and I am so proud of my sister and all her fellow dance team seniors for all of their accomplishments on dance team. My favorite dances were the Overture from the First Act and Jellicle Song for Jellicle Cats, Don't Scream and Spooky Skeletons from the second act. I grew a little bit nostalgic during the Jellicle Song for Jellicle Cats number because that was of the shows I worked on when I was at NLBP. Congrats to the SHS Dance Team on such an awesome show.
Last night I went to NEC to see the CTE Play Seasonal Help which was written by NEC Alum Paul Lloyd and is based on an experience he had over the summer.
The play starred senior Joe Paredez as Mazzone, Junior Nate Hartley as Shane, Junior Dean Amegashie as Chuck, Sophomore Micaela Hill as Eve and Sophomore Adam Boisellle as Dyer. The setting is a Lexington Massachuetts cemetery where Shane (Hartley) starts a summer job. For Shane this is a rough experience because this is the cemetery where is father is buried. Shane is trying to deal with his father's death and how his father never got to see him grow up and graduate high school and college due to ac holism. Even though this play has kind of a depressing undertone due to the setting Hartley's character brought a lot of humor to the show. The whole first act basically focusses on how Shane gets to know the other people who he works at in the ceemetary. They have a lot of deep and thought provoking discussions in the break room. The second scene goes by in the blink of an eye so you don't want to fall asleep. It features Hartley and Paredez giving monolouges over the tombstones of their fathers saying how they forgive for what happened in the past and don't intend to let them drag them down in the present of future.
The tech staff consisted of Elliot Greer director, Christina Vasta (Stage Manager) Kyle Fullford (Sets) Wally Pineault (Lights) Ian Allen, Dean Amegashie, Adam Boiselle, Rachel Buck, Bill O'Donnell, Lauren Dummich, Dominique Grant, Becky Gissell, Elliot Greer,John Hanks, Nate Hartley, Micaela Hill, Alexis Johantgen, Paul Llyod, Joe Paredez, Katie Sullivan, Christina VAsta

Great job to all on a great show 1

No comments:

Followers