About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting closer and closer to the end each week

So You Think You Can Dance Week 7 Summary
Nobody went home last week which means double elimination this week. Last week's bottom 3 was Jose Billy and Robert. All three have been in the bottom 3 at least once before.. perhaps twice. Billy isn't going anywhere near the bottom this week no way no how! He had his best week yet this week and I think he has solid chances of winning. Kent and Robert have definitley grown on me since the beginning of the compettion and ever since Alex Wong was eliminated they definitley began to shine through especially in the past two weeks. Lauren is definitley a contender and I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being her and Billy in the finale. Adechekie has been in the middle of my ratings list all season so all of his performances tend to even out. Jose has pretty much used up all his chances. He is just as talented as any of the other dancers in the compettion but when it comes to versatility that is where he lacks. He is only good in his genre and struggles with everything else his is assigned to dance.
Ratings:
Adechekie Dance 1; 5 Dance 2:7 Solo: 5 Total 17
Billy Dance 1 and Dance 2: 8 Solo: 5 Total 21
Jose Dance 1: 7 Dance 2 6 Solo 4 Tota1 17
Kent Dance 1 6.5 Dance 2 7 Solo 5 Total 18
Lauren Dance 1: 6 Dance 2 7 Solo 4 Total 17
Robert Dance 1 and Dance 2 8 Solo 7 Total 23
Each dancer was paired up with an all star and then paired up with each other. I will divide the break down of my anaylsis by genre
Bollywood This week Robert and Billy got this genre and I must say it's fast becoming on my favorites. It's always interesing to watch. They did a really good job with it.
Broadway
Lauren and allstar Allison They danced to Who's Got The Pain from Damn Yankees. Very energetic routine. I very much enjoyed it.
Kent and Jose danced to a song from Kiss Me Kate. The title of the song escapes me right now. This is Kent's strongest genre and Jose's weakest. Jose did a little bit better with showing emotion then he did in last week's Mr. Cellophane routine but overall I think Kent definitley outshone him.
Contemporary
In one routine Billy was paired up with all star Ade and they danced a beautiful routine to Mad World. Stacey Tookey is starting to become a pretty talented chreographer... right up there with Mia Michaels and Travis Wall. The story behind the piece was that two men from two different worlds. Ade was a business man who was really well off and Billy was a homeless person. They discover later on in the story that they are old friends. Just a really powerful story about the power struggle between people from different walks of life. The second contemporary routine was also choreographed by Stacey Tookey and was performed by Robert and all star Kathryn another very well matched pair..though I must say they have done a pretty good job this season of matching up the alll stars with the contestats. Kathryn and Robert has amazing chemistry and I almost cried by the end of their piece. Both contemporary pieces were absoulutely gorgeous and well excueted.
Foxtrot
This routine was performed by Adecheieke and Lauren and it pretty much stole the show. I think that was the best pairing Adechieke has had all season. Very sultry and sexy. I have similar opinions of Kent and Anya's Cha- Cha
Hip Hop I didn't care for this week's hip hop performance. I don't know what I didn't like about it but something was off about it.
Results
Bottom 3 Billy Jose Lauren Eliminated: Billy and Jose
The double elimination would have not left a sour note with me if someone else other than Billy had been eliminated. Whille the three other boys have grown in leaps and bounds since the beginning of the compettion in all honesty when you look at big picture and not just this week's performances Adecheike has been the weakest. Other opinions may vary but that's honestly how I feel. I feel like there were some genres he could have done a lot better in but to balance things out he did have his shining moments. I was very happy Jose went home tonight. He should have gone home three weeks ago.
The finale can be anyone's game now that Billy's out. Lauren definitley has a good chance. As for the reamaining guys I'm rooting for either Robert or Kent.
Next week I am bypassing watching so I can be surprised with who gets into the finale.. either that or I have just interest in the show all together now that all the good dancers are gone and only sub par/mediocre dancers remian.

No comments:

Followers