About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The theatre related update

To note I have a personal blog too hence why the title of this entry is The Theatre Related update.

A few weeks ago I went to the Charlotte Avenue School in Nashua NH with my mom to go see a production of the play based on her book Bravery Soup . This play holds a very special in my heart because I assitant directed it when I interned at the Barn Playhouse three summers ago. They added a few new characters but the script was still pretty much the same. My favorite line is still "Cuz I'm a mocking bird genius." It was a cute play and as much as I am supposed to be moving on from stuff related to the Barn Playhouse nostaglia couldn't help but just slightly overcome me. My first magazine piece on Summer Stock theatre was published in NH To Do Magazine's July Issue which I am very excited about. The good thing about writing this article is that it gives me exposure to information about theatres in NH which I have never seen shows at before.. such as Andy's Summer Playhouse in Wilton. Thursday night I went to see Dick Tracy with my sister. I thought it was creative how they turned a comic strip into a musical. I won't say much else though since I plan on writing a review for the Encore Section of the Telegraph and posting it here at a later date. On June 27th I went to Wellsley College to see ther summer stock theatre company production of A Trip To Bountiful. It was a great play with a wonderful message behind it about accepting how things change. I can relate to the character of the older woman because she is trying to go back to her old hometown before she dies just to see how much has changed between my transitions of both moving on from New England College and the Barn Playhouse it's pretty easy for me to relate to the character.
On Friday I was on the radio at UMASS Lowell again.. this time I had more air time then I did before so I was able to read more poems. I read three poems all related to the subject of transition. The first poem I read was called Railway and I wrote about four months after graduating from New England College. The second poem is called Escape from Skid Row and is inspired by the song Skid Row (Downtown) from Little Shop of Horrors. It is basically about how I am trying to break away from small town life and find my own place in the world. The thrid poem is called Rebirth and it is basically about my Barn Playhouse depression and how I have sucessfully overcome it. I wrote it a few weeks after Maggie Politi emailed my mom tellling her that she and all my other friends from my intern company were worried about me. It is basically my message to them let them know I'm okay because I know that they have been worried about me.

Rebirth

Spring and early summer are times of rebirth
regeneration
not only for plants
but for people like me.
Negativity no longer impacts me
Memories are not lost
just locked awayin a special corner of my mind.
Senseles fears and childish insecurites
they have all flowed away downstream
Time heals all wounds and God forgives us for all misgivings
I have found that prayer has gotten
me through this tough time
and that overall I just need
to let things go and forgive myself
Whisper words of wisdom
let it be.

Last night I went to karaoke and I had a bit of a nostalgic flashback with one of the songs I sanf. The first song I sang was called Side by Side by Kay Star and it was a musical number in a play I saw at NEC called Murder of The Crows. I happen to like that song a lot and have made it the unofficial theme song of my friends from NEC. Murder of The Crows was an absurdist play by Eugene Ionesco that I saw the fall of my sophomore year at NEC. It was one of the funniest plays I saw when I was there. The other play that was part of the two part series of plays was called The Bald Soprano and to this day I still find certain aspects of it confusing.

And... I'm spent.

No comments:

Followers