About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 5 So You Think You Can Dance

I am getting really bored with So You Think You Can Dance to be perfectly honest. This season has not had very many standout performances for me.. though there were a few this week that were amazing. I'll cut to the chase on the results so I do not have to talk about it at the end of the entry. Bottom 3: Billy Ashley Jose. Once again we lose another great dancer due to injury. Last week it was Alex. This week it was Ashley. Hopefully Ashley will still get to go on the tour. I understand the circumstances which led to Ashley's departure since she didn't perform and it would have been unfair for her to continue but Jose was horrible last night and he has been weak for mostly the whole compettion. He has made great strides recently but overall he is not up to par with the other men in the compettion Billy Robert and Adechekie. Lauren is the only girl left and I think she has a good chance of making top 5.

2 broadway numbers 1 which was amazing and one which was not so amazing. The first was done by Jose and Courtney and they did a routine to Mr. Cellophane from Chicago in which Courtney played the show girl and Jose played the lovesick stagehand. This by far was Jose's weakest performane of all the ones he has done. He showed no emotion what so ever. (Side note- I will be seeing Chicago @ Summer Theatre in Meredith Village on the 31st and I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE THE SHOW! ) The second Broadway number was done by Kent and all star Neil. They did a routine to Shoeless Joe from Hannibal Missouri from Damn Yankees. I found this song ironically approriate because the owner of the NY Yankees George Steinbrenner died of a heart attack on Tuesday and this song is from a musical about the Yankees. The routine was very energetic and fun to watch.
Billy still remains one of my top favorites and I really hope he wins or at least makes it to the top 5. He has been in the bottom 3 for the past 2 weeks which isn't really a good sign. His two genres were Jive and Contemporary. The Jive is always fun to watch and the contemp was very enjoyable. Robert danced a very powerful contemporay piece chreographed by Travis Wall (my second favorite contemp choreographer aside from Mia Michaels whose choreography I greatly miss.) which was about a mother who is suffering from cancer and her son having to deal with it. I was almost crying by the end of the dance for sure. For his second number he did disco which was very enjoyable to watch.

Ratings
Jose Dance 1 4 Dance 2 6 Total 10
Lauren (missed her 1st performance) Dance 2 7
Adechekie (missed his first performance) Dance 2 8
Robert Dance 1/Dance 2 9 Total Score 18
Billy Dance 1 7 Dance 2 6.5 Total 13.5
Kent Dance 1 8 Dance 2 7.5 Total 15.5

Ashley did not perform because of injury.


Happy Birthday today to fellow Thespians Jon Weinstien Nate Atkinson Erik Duchesne and Caroline Massagee :D

No comments:

Followers