About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The power of networking

If the economy doesn't substantially turn around by January I definitley want to dive back into the wonderful world of summer stock theatre. I had an amazing experience at the New London Barn Playhouse two summers ago and I have like a part of me has died because since I graduated from NEC I haven't really gotten the change to tech many community shows.. though I have ushered at a few.

I have been doing tons of networking talking to friends and friends of friends who have worked at other theatres in New England based on the research I have done so far here are the theatres that I may want to work at.
Top 4
1. Summer Theatre in Meredith Village Obviously I have TONS of connections there. Nancy Barry was my boss at the Barn Playhouse and between this year and last year 10 or 12 people from my intern company have worked for her. If I apply there I may have a definite shot at getting a job there but I don't want to sound outwardly cocky.
2. Maine State Music Theatre I have been talking to a friend of my friend Maggie's from the Barn Playhouse who worked there and he said he had a pretty good experience there. Not to mention he is a fellow NLBP alum having worked there in 2004. :) Will Porter worked there too... let's just say he's unavailable for commentary.
3. Ogunquit Playhouse Let's just say I love Maine! I went to see a show @ OP in 2005 when my family used to rent a summer home in Wells. I really liked the show I saw there despite the fact that it is not one of my favorite musicals (CATS)
4. Papermill Theatre Brady Lynch worked here a couple of summers ago. She had had a pretty good experience there and said that out of this theatre and Barnstormers it's the better theatre to apply for an internship at.

We shall see where things end up.

No comments:

Followers