About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Money makes the world go around ( and the economy throws a monkey wrench into things)

The economy is such a pain. I was planning on going to go see eight shows at community theatres this summer but it has been cut down to do due to an insanely tight budget

Shows I was planning to see
* The Producers New London Barn Playhouse
* Guys and Dolls Ogunquit Playhouse
*Almost Maine Arundel Barn Playhouse
* Grease Summer Theatre In Meredith Village
* Sound of Music Summer Theatre In Meredith Village
* The Drowsy Chaperone Maine State Music Theatre
* Little Shop of Horrors Peterborough Players

Due to budgetary reasons and the fact that I STILL haven't found a job yet my boyfriend and I have had some discussions and while you can't win em all I am satisfied that we are going to go see Grease at the Summer Theatre in Meredith Village (July 12th) and Little Shop of Horrors at Petreborough Players (August 9th for my 24th birthday). I did stage crew two summers ago for Little Shop of Horrors two summers ago when I interned at the New London Barn Playhouse and ever since then I have been addicted to the soundtrack and got the movie for a graduation present (1986 remake not the 1960 original but I still want to see the original because that is the version of the movie the play is based on.) I look foward to seeing Little Shop again and after I see it I'll probably write a comparison entry comparing the two diffrent versions of the show I saw.. though other than the people playing the characters on stage there won't be too much of a difference.

2009-2010 theatre viewing season opens up new doors for me locally. Upon getting more money in my bank account I plan on hoping to seeing at least 2 Milford Area Players shows, 2 shows @ Concord Community Players and 2 shows at the Palace Theatre in Manchester.
I am anxious for the schedules for Concord Community Players and The Palace Theatre to come out.
I have Milford Area Player's schedule somewhere in my email so I have to look for it.
Other then going to see the Open Door show on Alumni weekend I see myself drifting away from going to see shows at NEC since a majority of my close friends from the department graduated with me, my best friend Cooper gradauted last week and my other close friend Nate is transferring.

If I don't find a substantial paying job by January I plan on applying for theatre tech jobs for the summer. I have already jumped on sending Nancy Barry my resume to hopefully work at her theatre in Meredith next summer but here are some theatres in Maine and NH. If anyone who reads this blog has worked at any of these theatres or can reccommend theatres to add to this list please leave me a comment. If the theatre name it is in bold it means it is a definite choice to apply to.
NH
Barnstormers Theatre in Tamworth
Papermill Theatre in Lincoln
Seacoast Rep in Portsmouth
Peterborough Players in Peterborough (nice and close only 30 mins from my house)
Mount Washington Valley Theatre in North Conway
Maine
Maine State Music Theatre in Brunswick
Hackamatack Theatre in Berwick
Arundel Barn Playhouse in Arundel
Ogunquit Playhouse in Ogunquit
Massachuetts
Barrington Stage Company in Pittsfield
.

Later
Janine

No comments:

Followers