About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Friday, March 26, 2010

We Love You Conrad

When I first found out my high school was doing Bye Bye Birdie as their musical this year I was really excited as that is one of my favorite plays EVER!! I have seen it two other times prior to this,once at Peacock Players when Jared Nathan played Conrad Biridie (RIP Jared) and in 2006 when my sister was in it in 8th grade as Mrs. Macafee. I just got home from the show and overall I was very pleased. :)

The cast was full of versaitile talent and I was quite impressed. Range of talent has not really changed that much since I graduated five years ago and every year will have it's stand out performers. I can name a few examples from when I was there but let's focus on the task at hand. While I thought everyone was good the paritcular people who I thought stood out were Jon Constable who played Hugo Peabody( only his second show.. I wonder why he didn't get involved with theatre sooner) Tate Molaghan who played Rose Alvarez, Athena Korcharlias who played Mrs. Peterson (who I also believe played the same role in the middle school production in 2006 but I could be wrong about that.) and Brad Odhner who played Mr. Macafee ( VERY impressive for a freshman.) Memorable musical numbers include Put on A Happy Face, Telephone Hour A Lot of Livin To Do and Kids.

Congratulations to the cast and crew on a wonderful performance!

No comments:

Followers