About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 2 American Idol Boys

Overall I am not at all impressed with the talent pool of guys on American Idol this year. I feel that during the auditions the judges could have done a lot better with who they selected. There are very few bright spots. Here are my predictions who will make into the top 10 based on tonight's performances
Andrew
Lee
Tim
Alex
John
Michael

Tonight's performances were mediocre by my standards. I may not be the best judge since I don't have a very good singing voice myself... my singing voice is actually my biggest insecurity. While most performances were much improved from last week's performances I would say there were only two or three performances that really stood out.

Top
I was totally captivated by Andrew's and Big Mike's performances. Andrew was much improved from last week. .My next top rated performance was that of John Park. He totally nailed John Mayer's Gravity and I disagree with Simon's opinion that he is going home this week. Alex Lambert looked very uncomfortable last week and didn't seem prepared at all. 180% degree turn this week as I thought his performance was amazing. He was another person who was really pitchy last week and he definitley improved a lot. I think he will only continue to get better.
Ratings Michael and Andrew 10 John and Alex 9
Middle
Casey James was at the top of his game last week... this week he went down a couple notches. The song he chose was I Don't Want To Be by Gavin Degraw and while he had his own twist to it I wasn't impressed with what he did with it. People who have done this song in previous seasons *ahem ahem* Bo Bice. Aaron Kelly did a nice rendition of My Girl by The Temptations. He is definitley really talented and will go far in the compettion..and omg 16. He's pretty amazing! The only complaint I have is that he needs to pick something more recent. Lee Dewyze I do think will be a contender for a spot in the top 10 and I don't know if it's too soon to say he'll make it to the finale. Like Alex he did a complete 180% turn from last week. I am not familiar at all with Hinder but I think he did a really good job with that song. He was pitchy last week but there was much improvement. Tim Urban did a pretty decent rendition of Come On Get Higher by Matthew Nathanson. Again in terms of pitch a much improved performance from last week.
Ratings Aaron 8 Lee 7 Tim 6 Casey 5
Bottom
Jermaine was a bit better vocally then Todrick. If they end up staying they need to pick more current songs. Todrick totally butchered What's Love Got To Do With It by Tina Turner. His pitch was all over the place and tried way too hard too to make the song his own. It was way too karaoke honestly.
Ratings Todrick 3 Jermaine 4.5


Tomorrow night is ladies night. Looking most foward to see what songs Crystal and Katie do. They are my top two girls this season. I hope they make it all the way to the end. I sincerely hope Haeley Vaughn goes home...if she doesn't I will be disappointed




Upcoming shows I will be reviewing Junie B Jones, Baby in The Bathwater

Milford Cabinet Article Update ( 3/3) I was supposed to be doing an article about the One Act Play Festival but someone is already doing a three part series on the directors. I am kind of disappointed because I had already started to do a lot of work on my interviews and was getting really good information. :( The next article I will be doing is about the PTA Play Children of Eden. Gonna start doing stuff for that in a couple week. Hopefully I'll be able to fit working on that in judging how busy I'm going to be with Bye Bye Birdie.

No comments:

Followers