About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dream job and a variety of talent

Browsing through the wrier's block questions on livejournal I came across a question called what is your dream job and do you think you will ever acheive it? Here is my answer-

If you have been following this blog for a long time or a short time you can tell that I am truly passionate about the arts espescially threatre. Every since I could remember I have loved going to see plays especially musicals. My ultimate dream like i'm sure many people would have would to act on Broadway... that would be a vast impossibility due to my very limited acting resume and the fact that I don't have a lot of training in singing or dancing. I interned at a theatre two summers ago in New London NH and still keep in touch with quite a few of my coworkers. I suppose I could live my dream vicariously through them because they have gone on to do quite amazing things national tours, off-broadway shows etc. Whole singing and dancing my not be my forte the main reason I have started this blog was to share with people the reviews of local shows that I go to see. I am hoping to somehow make a career out of that. While I may not achieve the goal of living in NYC as that would be my ultimate goal I want to bust out of this small town of Amherst NH and move to an area such as Portsmouth or Boston where there is more of a theatre secene.

So that is my dream when it comes to theatre.... I hope there is some way to achieve it at some point.





This weekend was the annual Pumpkin Festival in Milford. I haven't gone to it much because of being in school. This was only the second time i've gone to it since I've been out of school Last night was the third annual talent show and I was blown away by the variety of talents that all the participants had. There was a variety of singing, dancing and other talents by local youths. The funniest number was Daniel The Latte Boy performed by Julie Harris and Daniel Schwartzberg.
The show opened with a rock band from Milford called The Natural Twenty which did a cover of the song Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. Brought me back to Strictly Music junior year at SHS.. I think I still have that cd somewhere too. My two favorite numbers in the first act were Only Hope sung by Emily Getchell Lacey of Milford Marrisa Russell of Londonderry who played the piano and sang Human by John Mclachlin and Aly McKnight and Andi Aiken of Amherst who sang For Good from the Broadway Musical Wicked. Other acts in the first half included Conor Sandin of Brookline beat boxing, Emily Langdon of Milford doing some acrobatics, Andrew Krotroubus of Lydenborough playing Cello, Daktoa Barron of Amherst glow stringing (was that supposed to be sticking?) and Denis Riendeau of Nashua singing Somewhere from West Side Story. After a 20 minute break the second act opened up with Albert Francis and Glen Cavanaugh of Milford doing a cover of Twist and Shout by the Beatles which made me want to get up and dance.. don't know why I resisted that urge. There a vast variety of genres covered singing wise as Caitlin Gillam of Amherst sang At Last by Etta James Sarah Tello of Milford sang I Feel Lucky by Mary Chapman Carpenter Taylor Morin of Hudson singing All The Way by Celine Dion and Patrick Quinn of Milford cloased off the night with excellent charm singing Sway by Michael Buble. Other acts in the second act included juggling by Chris Merra of Amherst, Amanda Shaw of Amhrest performing a self-choreographed dance, Kristopher Brown of Hollis playing the piano, Shea Vacarro of Wilton doing acrobatics and the musical comedy number Daniel The Latte Boy which stole the show performed by Julie Harris and Daniel Schwartzberg of Amherst and Bedford.

All in all it was a very much enjoyed talent show. Congratulations to all the winners! I look very foward to next year's talent show.




Upcoming Performances
The Foriegner Milford Area Players Stay tuned for the review I am going to write for the Nilford Cabinet
Seasonal Help NEC Carriage Theatre Ensemble

and tomorrow I am pretty sure I am going to go see The Laramie Project 10 Years Later at Yellow Taxi Productions in Nashua.

No comments:

Followers