About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Various feelings








































Beau Bristow performs in the Charter Coffeehouse @ New England College in Henniker NH








Two disappointing things happened to me that are theatre related. First of all next Sunday I was supposed to go see Dirty Dancing in Boston with the Tech College theatre troupe. I found out that the fee for people who are non-students got upped from $10.00 to $25.00 so I am unable to go now due to the fact that I am broke. On the plus side I think it's better off that I go next semester any way since I'll be a fulll time student and will not have to pay a few. Apparently I jumped at the opportunity to do props for Peter Pan a little bit late because the position has been filled already but I am still going to be doing tech work in some way shape or form and helping out with that closer to when the performance is.












Last night I went to go visit my friends at New England College. I was lucky to catch a musician perfom which the Student Entertainment Committee sponsered. His name was Beau Bristow. I had missed his performance last semester because I had way too much homework to do that particular night. I always like listening to new and upcoming musicians. I thought he was really good. He did a really nice cover of one of my favorite U2 songs from The Joshua Tree album and a few other covers of popular songs plus a lot of his own work. It was a very welcome relaxer to all the stress I have been under over the past several weeks with looking for a job.



Well off to bed it's been a pretty busy weekend and I am wiped out
Janine


Updated Perfomance Viewing Schedule for March/April
March 27-29th Carriage Theatre Ensemble Night Of One Acts ( Student directed plays @ my college) Thoroughly Modern Millie Kearsarge Regional High School's spring musical ( must make an effort to go see this because a lot of the kids I assitant directed in Bravery Soup are in it)
April 16-19th
  • Peter Pan
  • By The Bog of CATS NEC Mainstage Productionn

My boyfriend and I are still trying to figure out when we are going to NYC to see HAIR. It's either going to be the third week of April or the third week of May. It depends when we both get jobs.

No comments:

Followers