About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Saturday, March 28, 2009

From Courtship To Coffeeshop- An Evening Of Dating Lessons a treat

 Last night I went  up to  NEC to go see the Carriage Theatre Ensemble Spring Production of  An Evening of Dating Lessons.  Once again  I was impressed by the talents of the underclassmen  since a majority of the cast was made up of freshmen and sophomores.  The two one act plays  Blind Date and  Scuba Lessons  were directed by  senior Chris Mitchell and sophomore Christina Vasta.  The plays starred   Michelle Bibeau 12' ( Kelly Donovan in Scuba Lessons)   Jacci  Drummond 10' (Rayne Storm in Scuba Lessons)  Kyle Fullford graduted in 07 but still lives in Henniker  (Felix in Blind Date and  Dan Lanzetta in Scuba Lessons), Elliot Greer 10' ( Robert Henry in Blind Date and Coffehouse Guy/Patron in Scuba Lessons)   Brian McKewon 12' (Martin Michaelson in  Scuba Lessons)  Kelly Merrick 12' (Dolores  Henry in  Blind Date)  and Katie Sullivan  12' ( Sarah Nancy in Blind Date)   In their own way  each one act play had their funny moments as each of the characters brought their story to life.
Congratulations to everyone in the cast and crew on  a job well done.  The crew included   Christina Vasta and Chris Mitchell (directors, set and sound design) Sarah Thiel  10' (Lighting),  Leanne Derosa 11' ( Hair and Make Up and Costume Design) Alex Preston  12' ( Costume Design-Scuba Lessons)    Kyle Fullford , Katie Sullivan  12' and Rachel  (I'm assuming it's Buck but her last name got left off of the program so  I couldn't tell 09')  Dalton Dececco 12 and Alex  Kendall 11'   (Change  Over Crew)  John Hanks 11'  Chris Mitchell 09 and Joe Paredez 10' (Electricians) and  Jamie Valentine 10', Nadia Potenza 10' and Emma Laing 08'  (Stage Managers) 
Keep it  up everyone!
Love  
Janine

Upcoming  Performances I will be viewing
April 17th  Amherst's PTA Play  Peter Pan
April 18th-  By The Bog  of Cats    NEC's Mainstage Perfomance
April 25th (tentative  bc our trip could be pushed back again  due to money issues)  Broadway Revival of HAIR
Souhegan's Evening of Dance is also in April but I do not   know the exact date yet

Stay tuned also for my next article for the  Cabinet which is about the professionals they hired to help with the  flying in  Peter Pan

No comments:

Followers