About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Monday, June 27, 2011

Guys and Dolls Comparison

I recently saw two productions of Guys and Dolls One on May 20th (Actorsingers) and the other last night (Interlakes Summer Theatre). Both productions featured very talented casts
Actorsingers performed Guys and Dolls May 20-22nd. The Interlakes Summer Theatre production runs until July 3rd. If you are up in the lakes region be sure to get your tickets.


Guys and Dolls is set in New York City and tells the story of a bunch of gamblers. The two main gamblers of focus are Nathan Detorit ( Joe Vago ActoringersCary Mitchell (ISL) and Sky Masterson (David Cote Actorsingers, Matt Zimmerman, ISL). Nathan has been engaed to Adelaide (Donna O Bryant Metzger Actorsingers, Katie Clark ISL) for 14 years and Adelaide is waiting for some sort of commitment fom Nathan. Nathan makes a bet with Sky that he can't take a certain doll to Havana.. Sky has his eyes set on Sarah Brown, a missiornary at the local Save A Soul Mission ( Kathleen Meehan Gorham Actorsingers Caitilin Mesiano ISL) I don't wish to spoil the ending for those who haven't seen the show yet but I will just say it's very heartwrming. Favorite musical numbers included Bushel and A Peck (Adelaide and Hot Box Girls Hot box girls Jen Sassek,Laura Babb,Tina Cassidy,Theresa Chadwick, Jacquline Parish, Laura Prior and Caitlin Thistle Actorsingers, Lisa Bettencourtm Christina Fuscellero, Kayla Picatelli and Sephanie Elzea ISL), More I Cannot Wish You ( Ben Pasucci Actorsingers Bradely Diguid ISL) Luck Be A Lady (Cote and Guys Anthony Breen Tim Lord, ERik Duchesne, Jim Maloney, Don Higgins, Allan Hunter,Mark Coutu,Cam Croteau, Joel Iwaskiewicz,Don Smith-Wisss and Gregg Stephens Actorsingers, Zimmerman and Michael Fisher,Michael Labolsamon,,Phillip Bacotti, Kevin Ray Johnson Michael Dineen and Jay Lambert ISL)I've Never Been In Love Before (Cote and Goreham, Actorsingers, Zimmerman and Meisano ISL) and Sue Me ( Vago and O"Bryant Metzger Acotrsingers, Mitchell and Clark ISL) Sit Down Your Rockin The Boat ( Breen, Actorsingers, Fisher ISL) truly brought down the hosue.

Congratulations to boths casts and production teams on amazing performances.

No comments:

Followers