About Me

My photo
Amherst, NH, United States
I am 25 years old and I live in NH. I have mild cerebal palsy but I have never let that affect me. I am very passionate about theatre and writing. For my professional theatre blog go to http://theatretechdiva.weebly.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Recent Milford Cabniet Article

Riverbend Youth Company to present Charlotte’s Web
By Janine Leffler








Get ready for a childhood classic that will warm your heart as Riverbend Youth Company performs Charlotte’s Web, based on the novel by E.B. White. This show consists of two casts of about sixty actors, ages 8-14.


Erica Mairainy, who is co-directing the production with Robin Lacroix, expressed why this production has been so fulfilling, “This show has been so rewarding. Watching the kids form new friendships and grow as actors has been so amazing. These kids are so talented and it’s been a pleasure working with them and getting to know them.” When asked why they chose this show, she went on to say, “We wanted a show that had a nice range of characters and we wanted to make sure it had roles for young ages. The animals and spiders enabled us to include the younger ages. We also wanted a show that would attract families.”

Ten year old Ben Erdody. a fifth grader at Heron Pond Elementary School and Milford is playing the role of Avery. For Erdody the best part of playing his character is “he's sort of a trouble maker, so there's a lot I can do with that character, and that's fun!” He continued by saying. “I'm looking forward to having a big role. In most shows they haven't had roles for kids my age- most of them are for teenagers, and so I was glad to get a big role in the play.”

Charlotte’s Web will be performed this weekend June 16-18 at the Amato Center for The Performing Arts, 56 Mont Vernon Street Milford. Show times are 7:30pm on Friday and Saturday, 10:30 am on Saturday and 2:00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for students/seniors and $5 for children under five.



To be published this Thursday in the Encore section of the Nashua Telegraph. Due to deadline issues it missed the deadline for the Cabinet.

No comments:

Followers